cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Print Attribute Screen settings globally....

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

In NW2004s ABAP is there a way to setup globally the parameters that appear in the users Print dialog?

I know that on an individual basis I can select PRINT, and then in the Print Screen List select the PROPERTIES button then double-click on any property (like "Time of Printing") and then at the bottom select "Show Selected Print Parameters on Initial Screen". What I would LIKE to do is set a few of these options for ALL users unless they override it (or even it they can't override it!).

I can't seem to find any setting that will effect all users. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into the same issue as Murray. We would like to move some of the parameters to the inital screen globally. I have looked around can not determine where the GUI is storing the information to know what a user has selected to show on the initial screen. If we can determine that then there should be a way to make the change globally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Beginning with Basis release 6.10, you can check the use of report

RSPRIPARADMIN "Printer Defaults for All Users"

It may be what you are looking for.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant!!! That is it. Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

You can use SU10 to do a mass change and add the default printer and set the time of printing to "print immediate"...

You can select the device, it under defaults tab -> Spool control -> Printer name should go in Output Device and the tag "Output immediate".

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

That's great for getting all the users set with the print immediate etc, but what I'd really like to do is change that screen as well.