cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error COR-10868 when navigating around Information Steward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We keep receiving an "Unexpected error when processing request for service. Contact your administrator. (COR-10868)" whenever we log on to Information Steward or open a new screen such as opening a project on the Data Insight workspace or opening the new rule dialog screen.

The entry in the log file is always the same and is attached to this post.  I found note 2235093 which describes the issue pretty well but all it says is that it occurs in SAP Information Steward 4.2 SP4 Patch 3 and has been passed to development as DHR 5050175607.

We are running IPS 4.1 SP7 Patch 5 with DS 4.2 SP7 and IS 4.2 SP7 so I would have hoped that any developmental fix would have been included in this later version of IS.

Has anybody seen this behaviour before?

Part of my problem is that I don't know what other issues may be related to this - for example if I add users into the Data Insight groups in the CMC, they do not show up in the list of rule authors or approvers.  We get this COR-10868 error as you open a new rule screen so it is easy to see that the two issues could be related.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved the issue by a combination of re-running the MMServiceInstaller.bat utility and also separating out all the InformationSteward related services into their own APS.

The only issue I now have is that the Information Steward Metadata Relationship Service gives an error "the edge between objects 771 and 4770 does not exist (FWM 02054)" when I try and add it to the APS.

But as that is a separate issue, I will raise a different thread should I be unable to solve it myself!

Thanks for your assistance,

Sue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, both.  This is an upgrade from IS4.0 although I had some problems with the repository and ended up deleting and recreating it from scratch post upgrade.  The repository is on MS SQL Server 2008 and is correctly entered and visible in the CMC.

I have tried the steps suggested by Sravan.  They all completed successfully, but the error is still occuring.

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

So the repository was created new in IS 4.2 SP7. Did it look ok right after creation ? did you start seeing the issue after importing IS 4.0 content into it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error has always been in place since the repository was created.  I have no 4.0 content to import, but have been able to do some basic data insight profiling - address / column profiling / content type tasks on a new data insight project.  I can try deleting and recreating the repository, but assumed since I could get so far that it must be able to connect successfully.

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is this new IS install or upgrade? What is the repo type - Are you able to ee the correct repo info in CMC > Application > Information Steward Application > Configure Repository?

0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

Please find the below possible steps for resolve the issue.

1. Stop the Tomcat from Central Config Manager (CCM).
2. Make a backup of InstallUtility.Properties file. (This file is the default config file for ISRepositoryUtility and available at <INSTALL_DIR>\InformationSteward\MM\Config\ InstallUtility.Properties file)
4. Open command prompt and point to <INSTALL_DIR>\InformationSteward\MM\bin location.
5. Enter the ISRepositoryUtility command and specify the upgrade mode. (Various modes are available in Admin guide: example you can upgrade, recover, and create and so on...)
6. For Upgrade, type the following:
a. ISRepositoryUtility upgrade boePassword "myPass1" password "myPass2"
7. Then the InfoSteward repo upgrade will be kicked off and completed

8. Then start the Tomcat from CCM.
9. Restart the SIA from CCM and wait till both the applications (Web App’s & SIA) are completely up.
10. Login into InfoSteward and Central Management Console (CMC) and ensure all are working fine.

Regards,

Sravan