cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project definition asking for a Company code assignment...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I want to create a multi-company code project and since the project definition is not an account assignment object do not want to assign it to any Company code.

Because otherwise the Company code from the PD will be defalted to all WBS-elements.

I want WBS-elements in different Company codes.  But the system shows an error message if I try to skip Project Definition assignment to the Company code, even if I disable the field in the fields status group settings.

I believe it was possible in the older SAP versions....  This error message KO127 makes little sense for the PD, looks like it was created for Orders and there is a knowledge gap between programmers and functional people inside SAP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

miya_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

It is not possible to create an operative project without a company code. It is possible to leave the company code field blank in the project profile but on project creation KO127 forces you to enter a

company code. Note 95374 explains this.
Therefore the option left is to assign a company code when you create project definition, and then manually change the company code in each WBS element.
Best regards,

Miya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As suggested by Aditya, use substitution to change the WBS Co. Code where it is different then the PD, if you dont want the users to manually change it.. Else create templates and give the company codes in there..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In the multi-company project scenario, usually the project ownership lies with one company code and various project activities involve other companies to participate in completion of work.

What I would suggest is to assign the parent company code at the PD level. Then once all WBS elements get assigned with this parent Company code, you can either manually change the CO code at each WBS element level or via some substitution rule based on key combination.

Best regards

Aditya