cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.2 w/o Java stack and SLD

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am starting with a new Solution Manager 7.2, SP2 with ABAP stack only. The first mandatory procedure in SOLMAN_SETUP is System Preparation. In step 2, the manual activity "Check SLD Configuration on Java is a mandatory step". As I do not have a Java stack on my Solution Manager, can I just mark this step as "Executed"?

Thanks

Ute

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ute,

You need to have JAVA stack for solution manager.

Some functions need it...

-Yogesh

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ute

Well, you should check the SLD that is to be connected to SolMan then . So if you use SLD of PI landscape for example, check that the CR content has been updated for example and mark it manually.

If you don't have a java stack on your SolMan 7.2, you won't be able to use agent connectivity (technical monitoring) and root cause analysis, just to name a few scenario's or features that require the as java stack. So you'll have other steps that will remain red because you won't be able to pass through them and make them green without the as java stack. That being said, you can still use / learn a good amount of scenario's outside what I mentioned without the as java stack. I've got a SAP CAL - SolMan 7.2 ramp-up on Amazon AWS and I often also just start the AS ABAP stack to check out new functionality / test drive the system.

Best regards

Tom