cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have one question. In solution manager 7.2 on hana, when I install, cannot dual stack (java+abab). So, I just install abap system. So, just with abab system, can I configure solution manager 7.2 on hana? Because when I put tcode solman_setup, url not available. I already start service, add user roles, and add parameter from doc. And if I can configure with abab, have you a solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby

You can so something is wrong with your configuration probably that  you don't reach this point. Yuksel comment is correct in terms of what you're supposed to have according to SAP.

However, for the sake of training or looking at SolMan 7.2, whatever purpose you're at, if you don't run the AS JAVA stack, you can still configure SolMan but some functionality won't  be available such as Agent Connectivity, Root Cause Analysis (mostly) because that functionality resides on the AS JAVA stack.

Besides that, if you've only got AS ABAP stack running, you can configure the SolMan (outside of what I mentioned before) so if you want to check out Solution Documentation, CHARM, whatever else outside of what needs agent connectivity (so technical monitoring won't function properly without AS JAVA running) you can do that.

Not sure what happens when you call it up, you say the SICF service is active so that makes me wonder if your HTTP configuration is properly done or set. Can you call up another transaction that uses HTTP or can you test ping service for example and get a decent response back? Might be related to hostname / SMICM configuration so please check the logs over there and see if you can  get it to work properly. You could  HTTP trace in your browser to catch a clue to why it doesn't function as well, otherwise check SMICM logging, SM21, ST22 etc to see why this issue exists.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

It solved. Tcode solman_setup link to wrong url. I tested a ags_workcenter service and url to show solman config page is showed.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bobby,

Dual Stack installation is not supporrted on Solution Manager 7.2.

You must install seperate Java System also for Solution Manager 7.2.

ABAP is not enough.

Advise you to follow the installation Guide carefully.

Solution Manager 7.2 - Installation and Configuration - I - Installations can help.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR