Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to Multi-Tenant

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a standard installation of HANA - SPS12. I am going to move this database to multinenant, make the current one as tenant.

Can I backup the current DB, uninstall HANA , install is a s multitenant and recover the tenant from the backup?

Thank you.

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

no this is unfortunately not possible. You cannot use a standard backup to recover a multi-tenant database. If you only have this one database you want to run as tenant database, you can simply convert the existing installation into a multi-tenant installation using the HDBLCM application. You can find a detailed step-by-step explanation how to convert your instance in both the HANA Administration Guide and the HANA Multi-tenant Database Container Guide.

Best regards,

Stefan

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

And one more thing I want to clarify.

In case I want to create 2 tenant databases under muster one.

H01 - Master

H02 and H03 are tenant,

System number is assigned during installation to H01 only?

And H02 and H03 receives ports dynamically?

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you call the "Master" would be the System Database, I assume. If you convert your standard installation into a MDC installation, you will indeed have a tenant database whose name is equal to the instance name, and whose sql port is 3nn15 (nn = instance number). But you can name your new tenant databases any way you like (also with more than three characters). Ports will be assigned automatically starting at 3nn40 upwards, but you can also specify a concrete port of your choosing.

Hope this answers your question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope it helps

Sunil