cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem :- SAP 4.7 on Linux RHEL 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing SAP 4.7 SR1 on Linux RHEL Sever 4 on Test system which have one remote window desktop.

I have successfully installed central instance by using the putty from remote desktop.

But while installing Oracle 9.2 from remote desktop I am getting the following error message.

<b>ERROR:-</b>

/<b>oracle/stage/920_32/Disk1/SAP/SVRCUSTOM.RSP --> /tmp/.orainst_rsp.4081: Done

harshal:orahsd 12> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from ../../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre/linux/bin/java. Please wait...

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Unable to load native library: /oracle/stage/920_32/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre/linux/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference</b>

I have got 2 solution for same on sdn.sap.com apart from that as per one solution I have change the location of java (i.e. j2re1.4.2_13 ) in following file

File :- oraparam.ini

which is located in directory /oracle/stage/920_32/Disk1/install/

But it’s not working in my cases I am getting new error message while executing ./runInstaller

<b>ERROR:-</b>

<b>harshal:orahsd 12> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '130.10.10.9:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)

at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.init(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.popup.PopupFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifm.OiifmMainFrame.<init>(OiifmMainFrame.java:296)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.<init>(OiicInstaller.java:231)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:599)</b>

So please let me know how solve this problem.

Thanks a lot ,

Harshal

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me I need to do System Measurement for our Enterprise portal. So please let me know <b>How to do the System Measurement for SAP License in Enterprise Portal ?</b>

In SAP R/3 we are using the T-code USMM is there any T-code or report in Enterprise portal.

Thanks,

Harshal

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harshal,

as this forum is a Linux forum but you question is more monitoring related, you should try the

instead, because the guys there are more Enterprise Portal experienced.

Best Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help on last error. I have followed same step and my SAP 4.7 installation on Linux goes into next step.

Now my installation into the update database statistics phase and I am getting the following error.

<b>MUT-03010 Execution of the command "/sapmnt/HSD/exe/brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPETS" finished with status TST_ERROR.

brconnect finished with status TST_ERROR

/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libclntsh.so.9.0'.</b>

On this error we have 2 solutions as per my knowledge either I need to change the Oracle client software from 9.2 to 10 or I need to change brtools version from 7.00 to 6.40.

I need to know which one is the best.

Moreover can you please let me know what effect I mean to say if we execute ./control.xml as per last mail from Elmar what process SAP system did ?

Apart from this I need to know how to create following links manually?

ldd /sapmnt/ETS/exe/brconnect :-

libnsl.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libnsl.so.1

libpthread.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libpthread.so.1

libm.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libm.so.1

libclntsh.so.9.0 => /oracle/client/92x_64/lib/libclntsh.so.9.0

libwtc9.so => /oracle/client/92x_64/lib/libwtc9.so

libstd_v2.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libstd_v2.so.1

libCsup.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libCsup.so.1

libunwind.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libunwind.so.1

libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libc.so.1

libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libdl.so.1

libxti.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libxti.so.1

libwtc9.so => /oracle/client/92x_64/lib/libwtc9.so

librt.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/librt.so.1

libnss_dns.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libnss_dns.so.1

libuca.so.1 => /usr/lib/hpux64/libuca.so.1

Thanks a lot,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

1. did you set the following environment variables before starting sapinst ?

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<SID>/920_32

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME:/sapmnt/<SID>/exe

You don't need to set any links manually if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set

2. the command "sapinst ./control.xml" starts the extracted version of sapinst without any dialogs and executes the steps given in the control file.

Best Regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you're not planning an Oracle upgrade to 10g, better install the 640 version of BR*.

They will run fine with 9i.

Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I have applied the oracle bug fix p3006854_9204.LINUX.zip as per the SAP note 722273 after that Oracle software installation completed successfully. But while Database preload step I am getting the following error.

<b>ERROR 2007-05-03 03:02:48

FRY-00001 Cannot load library iamodload.so: iamodload.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory</b>.

As mention in the SAP note 722273 I need to extract following SAPPROD.SAR file in the sap installation directory. But problem is that I am not able to find SAPPROD.SAR in SAP Installation Master DVD. I have SAP Installation Master DVD with this number 51032143_5.

So please let me know you view on this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

iamodload.so should have been extracted during the startup of sapinst. It is stored in /tmp/sapinst_exe*, but this directory is deleted whenever sapinst finishes successfully.

Pls. try these steps:

mkdir /tmp/sapinst_extract

cd /tmp/sapinst_extract

<PATH_TO_YOUR_CD>/sapinst -extract

Now check, if iamodload.so is contained in /tmp/sapinst_extract.

If yes, cd to your installation directory (where the control.xml is located) and run

/tmp/sapinst_extract/sapinst ./control.xml

Best regards,

Elmar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Linux installation, please follow the note 722273. There you'll find the Additional notes for installation on Oracle 9i (with RHEL) regarding GLIBC.

For the DISPLAY issue, seems your XServer (Reflection, Exceed...) at 130.10.10.9 terminal is not running. Start it and restart the sapinst.

Regards,

JC Llanes.

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your LD_ASSUME_KERNEL env parameter.

Also do xhost + in one window and set the DISPLAY after in another window and

start sapinst.

Thanks,

George