cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification and variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings to all,

Can anyone please tell me how does the %first_name% and %last_name% is mapped  to the notification and variables.

and i have one more query,

I'm getting error while submitting access request, cannot resolve path check routing mapping, i have checked all the settings it looks fine can anyone help me to fix this issue,

with regards,

ManojRavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj:

For your first question, to find the Variables Rule for your specific MSMP Process ID, you need to open the MSMP Workflow Configuration.  Go to Work Area 2 Maintain Rules.  Look under Global Rules at the bottom.  For the rule that is set for Notification rules, look at the List of Rules and determine the data.  If you have not changed this from delivered, you will find that this is driven by the Function Module GRAC_NOTIF_VAR_RULE_AR.

In your second request, have you verified that your initiator for the MSMP Process ID is complete.  If you are using BRF+, then you should use a simulation to see what rule result you get.  That rule result needs to be listed in Work Area 2 Maintain Rules, and then mapped to a path in Work Area 6 Maintain Route Mapping.

I also need to mention that when asking a question, please make sure you are giving the minimum information requirements as posted for this forum.

Thanks.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for replying sir,

I'm using BRF+ flat rule and i have maintained my rule and rule result in work area 2 and I've have done mapping it to the path in work area 6 and finally made that as my process global initiator but still am getting the same error. I couldn't find why? but when i have created new initiator rule and followed the same settings which I have done before it's working fine, but I'm eager to find the issue why it has resulted error.

I hope now i have explained detail can you please help me to find the issue and to learn.

Thanks in advance,

Manoj Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin Tucholke wrote:

I also need to mention that when asking a question, please make sure you are giving the minimum information requirements as posted for this forum.

Manoj,

Kevin is referring to the Minimum Information Required document. When you are asking SCN members to take time out of our day jobs to help you, providing the required information is expected.

It is also preferred to put two questions into separate threads. Only one answer can be marked as Correct, which is helpful to people reviewing these discussions in the future.  By being a thoughtful SCN member, you can make others more willing to assist you. We are all in this together.

Regards,

Gretchen Lindquist

Space Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Evening Sir,

I'm using GRAC_NOTIF_VAR_RULE_AR. the delivered rule, but my doubt is how does it works i have read some documents related to this but still I'm not clear, my doubt is how does the first name and last names which we have maintained in document class is mapped to the request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening,

Sorry for the inconvenience, i will post my future queries clearly and as you guided me thank you so much for everyone who are all guiding me.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj:

It may be difficult to determine what the original issue was.  As I suggested, you could do simulation of your request in the BRF+ Initiator and see what the trigger_result is and make sure that it is a valid one.  You might be able to determine in the MSMP Instance Monitor (GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD).

With that being said, there is a recommendation that on your ititiator rule, you should have as your LAST entry in the decision table a 'catch-all' entry which you can then send to a Security Stage for additional processing.  This would avoid any requests from not being able to be processed.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

I did simulation its resulting to the right trigger_result so I think there is no error in the rule, and  i check the the instance monitor and let you know sir.

with regards,

ManojRavi

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj:

These variables are mapped in the Function Module code.  I am not a technical person, so I have gone as far as I can with the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Your reply was very helpful.

Thanks,

Manoj

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope you would have known Templates are assigned to Process id, in Step 4. Templates contain message class, which in turn contain doc. objects.

Doc. objects contain variables. So, this is how process id are mapped to Notification

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Evening Sir,

Thank you so much for the reply, and now i understood how its mapped once again thank you so much.

with regards,

ManojRavi

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, could you mark the correct and helpful  answer, and close this thread.