cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting two files with different account numbers 012545634563 , 01254564520.

currently am using only file number. Now i have to check the account number and i have to map to ID data field in mapping.

I have 2 data fields currently in my mapping

constant

0706        --->   ID

012545634563 ---> Account number

when i get this account number 012545634563 i have to pass ID number 0706 or if i get 01254564520 the i have to pas in ID 0708 now i have to use dynamically pls help.

Ex : whenever the file is coming with account number 01254564520 then it will update the ID value as 0708 in the file.

Regards,

Mohammad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

You can use the pre-defined constant function called fixValues or valueMapping.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompt reply if I want to create the file name same as per the account number then how can I create it.

Ex: If the 01254564520 then I have to create the file name as 0708.01254564520 or the account number is changed then I have to crate as per the account number.

Regards,

Mohammad

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

In that case here is the logic

UDF to retrieve filename -> fixValues to determine ID -> concat with filename Better use value mapping since the account numbers might increase in the future.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have two fields in the target side.

1) companyID: 0708

2) Accountnumber: 01254564520

whenever the account number changes then the comapnyid should change but how can I work it with value mapping am not able to get the same for the comapnyid.

Pls help

Regards,

Mohammad

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

Here's a tutorial for the value mapping

Just map the valueMapping output to ID. By the way, what if the account number is not present what should be the behavior?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

Account number is must and it will come in the file and also only two account numbers are there.Either this or that will come.

I will try this logic and get back to you.

Regards,

Mohammad

Answers (0)