cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8.0: Owner user for package gone. How to recover?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I'm currently facing an issue, where I cannot access a package. In the "Authorized Users" tab no entry is listed (probably because the user has been deleted). When I do a force-checkin of the package, SAP warns me that the package is checked out by user "null". Is there a way to recover from this situation?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to fix the issue with data manipulation on the database side. This, of course, is the "dirty" solution, but it works.

Method 1: Table MC_USER_AUTH

You can refer the MCAUTHORIZATIONID from existing packages.

Method 2: "Unlock" the package

A checked in package will have MCLOCKEDBY and MCLOCKEDDATE set to (null). You may modify these entries and simulate a checkout by the given user id. Once this is done, you may copy/delete the package with another developer user.

Best regards,

Hendrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

login as administrator.

Make sure the package is checked-in. If it is not then you can make Force Check-in and at the warning message answer "Yes."

Right-click on the package and select Properties. In the Authorized Users tab select "Add..." and choose a new user to be added. Then you can give all permissions to the new user which are needed and then Save. You can even make the new user an owner.

If you want to create a new developer user you can right click on the IDM project below root in Eclipse Developer Studio and then go to Users Tab and add New... Developer or Developer Administrator user.

This worked for me with IDM 8.0 SP3.

best wishes,

Fedya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fedya,

thank you for your answer. This describes the standard procedure and works if the administrator is listed as the owner of the package. (I tried that)

But my package seems faulty: No user is part of the authorized users list. I can't add any developer users to this particular package. For other packages it does work the way you described.

BR;
Hendrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

tried to reproduce your case with the following:

1. Created a new user 'deleteme' with idm.developer

2. Logged in with this user and created a com.bestrun.delme package

3. Deleted the 'deleteme' user  with administrator user.

4. Logged in with dev studio with Administrator and did the above sequence and it worked.

Then repeated the actions with one additional step:

5. Created a new user 'deleteme2' with idm.developer

6. Logged in with this user and created a com.bestrun.delme2 package

7. Deleted the 'deleteme2' user  with administrator user.

8. With Administrator deactivated the deleteme2 user

9. Logged in with dev studio with Administrator and did the above sequence and it worked again.

the deleteme and deleteme2 users were still seen in dev studio after is have deleted them in UME.

I have not deleted them in IDM DB so may be not reproducing your case fully.

May be your user is deleted in IDM db. You could check in UME which users there still have the idm.developer role and create again the same user with the same name as the one who owned the package in IDM. Or may be because you run different SP version

Best wishes,

Fedya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help. The procedure described does also work for me for new packages. Unfortunately for the given faulty package, the user list is totally blank.

I'm using 8.0 SP0 and will consider upgrading to SP03 now. Otherwise I'll need to find a solution for removing the package in any possible way.

Best regards,

Hendrik