Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub form not appearing on Page 2 and onwards on Adobe form

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adobe experts,

I have to design adobe form with some static text and fields  which is to be displayed on all the pages and also have a table which will flow form page to page.

I wanted to go with the approach of table header and table rows with sub form concept.

Below is my design

• Master Page with ContentArea1
  • BodyPage1 - containing Subform1 and Subfrom2
    • Subform1 - The Subform1 will have static text and fields which will be displayed on all the pages
    • Subform2 - This is a table
      • Subform 21 - This is table header
      • Subform 22 - This is table rows or data

Attached/below are the proprieties of the each Sub form. The issue is that my Sub form 1(with static text/fields) does not appear on Page 2 and onwards.

Can someone tell what the issue ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

If you want the static text in subform 1 to display on all pages, why don't you just put it in the master page?

Julie

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Julie,

I can do that also , some text on Subform1 has to be hidden based on one field.

Taking your approach : I tried to hide one text(Text1) in Subform1 on the master page, the Text1 gets hidden on 1st page but not on the Page 2 and onwards.

Below is my script on form.ready event:

Master1 - Master Page

txt_fld_bustype is on Master1

Subform1  is on Master1 page

Text1 is text field on Subform1

if(data.pageSet.Master1.txtfld_bustype == "AA") then

data.pageSet.Master1.Subform1.Text1.presence =  "hidden";

else data.pageSet.Master1.Subform1.Text1.presence = "visible";

endif.

Not sure if I need to put this under some other event or there is a issue with the script.

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Govind,

Try putting your scripting under the initialize event.

Julie

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Julie

Under initialize event the script does not work at all

Thanks

Govind

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Can you please supply screen shots of your hierarchy within the form and the actual scripting? One of our forms has scripting within the initialize event for the Master Page and it's working fine.

Thanks!

Julie

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Julie,

Below is the screenshot, I have used switch statement instead of IF.

IF txtfld_bustype = IAA -> Hide TextField1 and Display TextField2

IF txtfld_bustype = DBB -> Display TextField1 and Hide TextField1

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I'll admit that I'm not a scripting "expert", however, I've never put the scripting under the 'data' node. I would try putting the scripting in the Subform1 node.

Julie

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Julie,

I am also not a script expert but tried putting the under the Subform Node1 and is working fine. The script did not work when using switch statement(JavaScript) but worked when I used FormCalc IF condition.

One thing I am concerned is that after activating/testing the form I was not able to see the script under the Subform1 and surprisingly the form is working as per the script.

Do you know where this is saved or something to do with my installation ?

Thanks a lot.

Govind

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Govind,

I've not had that happen to me, I'm using Adobe Livecycle version 10.4. However, I believe I read something recently on SCN where a user had the same issue. He said that the scripting was still in the XML Source view, but he couldn't see it in the Events Scripting box. He also said that if he added another script, that it was "appended" to the script in the XML Source view.

If your issue is solved, can you please mark the post as Answered?

Julie

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie for your inputs. I re installed the ADLC and the scripts are working fine.