Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Profile problem - Training & Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on version ECC6, and I have implemented the context solution.

Users who are line managers should be able to book their staff on training courses via the use of transaction PSV1. Although I have managed to restrict the user to seeing their specific org unit when allocating a person, it does not seem like it is possible to restrict them from assigning/cancelling an employee that is not part of their org unit.

This is due to the fact that for a structural profile to allow the booking of attendees, I have to allow maintain access for objects P & E - allocating an evaluation path does not seem to help. For my client it is really important that the line managers are only able to book/cancel their own people on courses.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this - it is becoming a bit urgent.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sujeet

3 REPLIES 3

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Am not getting really where the problem is (& I dont know about Training) but -

If you are saying managers were able to assign /cancelling an employee belonging to another Org unit (which is not under his purview) - Check your HR master data authorization - P_ORGINCON- because this is where you are restricting employee based on Org keyPA/EG etc ..Are you saying this is not enough to restrict the Mgrs from doing things to employees belonging to another Org unit?

Actually your evaluation path should be able to take care of this? is it not? the evaluation path should restrict only those org units to which the Mgr is authorised to. So am not sure why its failing..May be you can explain in detail the situation for better understanding and better response..

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Managed to solve this problem by using the function module RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT

for object P when using eval path O-S-P-E.

Previously I tried to use function module RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT, which was part of the problem.

This ensures that the line manager is only able to maintain their relevant employees.

0 Kudos

Great. Function module always is the last and best resort!...

Regards

Chandra