cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to supply selection criteria during data acquisition step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use SAP Query Infoset as data source as described here:

Is manipulating SQL statement the only way I can impact selection criteria during data acquisition step, before the data is retrieved from database?

Without supplying selection criteria, the SAP Query I want to use takes too much time to execute.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your requirements, it may be easier to hard-code the select back in the InfoSet in ECC:

Then you are not acquiring so much data in Lumira

If you have BI4.x you can create an ECC universe, and then acquire that using Lumira - see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hard coding is not an option in my case. End users should be able to select criteria themselves. BI option won't work for us either.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another option, if set up in your ECC, is using BEx query transient providers - but it has to be set up in your system and go against small amounts of data.   See

Then you could use Lumira against the ECC BEx queries

I understand the situation about speed.

Another option is Crystal Reports.  Crystal Reports 2016 works well with SAP ECC InfoSets & Queries and it will allow your end users to select depending on how you set up the query

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a bit of an FYI to add to Tammy's great BEX suggestion. Lumira only supports a limited number of BEX query elements. These are documented in the XLS attach to the following SAP Note:

1869560 - SAP BusinessObjects BI Support Matrix for SAP NetWeaver BW

(S user ID to access SAP Service Market Place required)

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (0)