cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.2 authorization

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have started working on SolMan 7.2 now and I am facing issue in System Preparation step.

Do I need to create Z* roles in PFCG first and assign it to respective user? I tried to create it from same screen but it wont created from here. Can anyone guide me on this.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

you should resolve the issue why it doesn't generate from there. Did you get any error message?

In my experience there are 2 reasons why it does not create the roles:

1) The user that you entered for the roles and user creation in the managed system does not have the right authorization

2) the RFC connection to the managed system is not working.

I always recommend to create the admin user as proposed in that screen (SM_ADMIN_xxx) where xxx is your Solution Manager system ID.

Cheers

Markus

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Reason 3) could be that CUA in place I would imagine.

I agree with Markus though, this should work or can work but might require you perform some checks to figure out what is wrong or went wrong.

In case of CUA, specific configuration can be done to make it work also.

Security guide and other guides can help you out on the CUA configuration if that's the case, the guides can be found over at https://service.sap.com/instguides

Best regards

Tom

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please create all these roles at back end ABAP System first. You can complete these step after creating all required roles.

If you see in this screen SAP System is expecting ZSAP* naming convention for these roles. So through PFCG just copy SAP Standard roles to new roles with ZSAP* name.

Don't forget to generate profiles after creation of these new roles.

Thanks,

Manish