cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report viewer prompt the database login screen at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a windows application with Visual Studio .Net 2003 and then upgraded into Visual Studio 2010. I can print the reports on my computer for development with Windows 7 32bit and Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2010 and on my client computer with Windows 7 64bit and Crystal Report runtime for Visual Studio 2010 (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0.zip).

On my client other computer with Windows 7 32 bit and Crystal Report runtime for Visual Studio 2010 (CRForVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0.zip), I can't print the reports and the Crystal report Preview viewer prompt the Database Login to request me to input user id and password. The data source of the reports to be printed are dataset so that they don't need to connect to any database server.  Can you give me any suggestion to solve this problem ?  The related detail information is attached on this discussion.

Thank you for your help

Tony Chan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Upgrade to SP 17 and see if it still happens.

It's prompting for log because it can't find or does not have access to the DS for both main and subreports.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you for your help.

I have tried to upgrade to the SP 17 on my computer for development and then generate the new installation files of my Windows applcation. With this new installation files, I install my windows application on my client computer with Windows 7 32 bit and the runtime SP 17 32 bit again. Finally, the result is the same. Therefore, I can't still solve the problem. What can I do next step ?

Please give me more suggestion.

Tony

0 Kudos

Build logging into your code or enable crlogger, search for it. You need to debug and try to find the location and reason why it's failing to get the data.

Try a report with saved data and then click the Refresh button, it should find it or prompt for log on info and possibly give you a reason why.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for your help !

I am sorry about that the setting of crystal report is not very familiar to me.

Can you tell me how to build loggin into my code or enable crlogger in VB.NET 2010  in detail ?

Can you tell me how to try a report with saved data and then click the Refresh button in detail ?

Tony Chan

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

There are lots of samples available on the Overview Tab link.

And search for KBA 2163438, it only shows the report, KBA 2281780 has log on methodss and parameters and a lot of other great info.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for your help and information !

According to KBA 2163438 and 2281780, I can learn more about the setting of crystal reports. Besides, I have also tried to enable to the database and crpe logging according to the KBA 1470978 and 1553469 and then studied the logs. But I don't know how to analysis the information of the logs. Therefore, I have attached the logs here. Can you teach me how to analysis them to solve my problem ?

Tony Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I can attach three files every time and the max size is only 1 mb. Therefore, I need to compress all files and rename it from logging.rar to logging.rar.txt.

Tony Chan

0 Kudos

Search please, if the users are getting prompted fo rlog on info it means either they don't have access to that database of the client is not configured or the Viewer does not allow users to cahnge the connection properties.

Sorry, I don't have time to look over logs now, search for ERROR, it usually is jsut after the connection is made.

And Crpe logging is too much, search for Crlogger and enable jsut the database connection logs.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for you help and information.

I have found the reason and solved the problem. The reason is that I forget to delete the files of old version of crystal report from the installation files of my Windows applcation. On client's computer with Windows 7 32bit, I install it with the new installation files without the files of old version again.

Finally, my Windows applcation can run on this computer.

Tony Chan

Answers (0)