Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hana SAP<SID> lock issue

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

• We have ABAP on HANA system.
  • We are using SAP<SID> user as a DEFAULT user ( i.e ABAP WorkProcess connects to HANA DB using SAP<SID> user for read & write operation to the DB)
  • In password policy, we have set the parameter INVALID_CONNECT_ATTEMPTS to 6.

• Issue : For some reason our, SAP<SID> user is frquently locked.. we are in a process to figure this out by auditing...
  • My question/requirement :

if the "INVALID_CONNECT_ATTEMPTS"  for the user SAP<SID> reaches to 5, i should get a e-mail notification so that i can reset

the 'INVALID_CONNECT_ATTEMPTS'  value to 0.

how to achieve this?

Regards,

Shridhar Gowda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiridhar,

As far as I know, currently it can be done (Alert email does not includ checking invalid logon attempt).

You'd better find the root cause and fix it as per note 1855211 - Technical database user is repeatedly locked.

Regards,

Ning

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ning,

i have already checked the note:1855211.. with this we can find the which connection is causing the problem.

my question is

if the 'INVALID_CONNECT_ATTEMPTS'  for the SAP<SID> reaches to 5 , i should get a mail notification.. how to do this ?

Regards, Shridhar Gowda

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Sorry for my writing error, as far as I know, currently it can not be done (Alert email does not include checking invalid logon attempt).

Regards,

Ning

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos