Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic User Authentication for ABAP receiver proxy

former_member285898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one scenario in which business require below functionality.

Scenario :-

Thirparty(SOAP)->PI(Proxy)->ECC.

Requirement:-

They want to authenticate User at runtime during Receiver Proxy call. They will pass username and password details in message from sender side that should be used in Receiver SOAP (Proxy/XI) Channel for Authentication purpose at runtime.

They require this functionality for Audit purpose.

So experts it is feasible or Possible at runtime?

Doubts:-

1) If i apply this functionality & if username do not match at runtime than error messages will pile up in PI system.

2) Also Logical system or Url will be same as its single receiver system in receiver side so how we can use multiple destinations?

Kindly please help me for this scenario or else please provide me alternative best solution.

Regards,

Karan Kholakiya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member285898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please provide some more feedback to this issue and mention in this discussion, it will be really helpful to me.

Regards,

Karan K

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

1) What authentication validation you want to put in place when will you connect with ECC. Is it something like username and PWD will be sent from third party which is already maintained in ECC system and you want to validate that in inbound proxy?

If this is the requirement then validation need to put in inbound proxy code hence error will be triggered from proxy.

2) What do you mean by multiple receiver destination ? Do you have multiple ECC systems to send data or single ECC system with multiple clients.

thanks,
Apu

former_member285898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

Thanks for quick response...!!!

First of all this scenario need to implement on SAP PI 7.5 version with single stack.

1) actually there are 4 layer data transfer.

Third parties (multiple party data)->ESB(middle ware with consolidated data)->(SOAP) PI->(Proxy) ECC

Now here sender data have multiple parties data in one WSDL file with particular authentication details like Username and pwd.

Let's suppose there are 2 parties with different username(ABC & XYZ) , there will be case that some time ABC party will send data or XYZ will send data. So that ABC or XYZ user only get authenticated at ECC proxy channel in runtime.

So in SOAP receiver channel parameters-

URL          = ECC (with single client) system URL (It will be same for every user)

Username  = ABC / XYZ

PWD         = pwdABC/pwdXYZ

So for both users it should authenticate at runtime on the basis of sender message with user details.

Hope your query is cleared.

Please let me know if any.

Regards,

Karan Kholakiya.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karan,

This is possible using Principal Propagation :

1.Yes it throws error at "Call Adapter steps " and also the user ID needs to have particular roles when you are working with inbound proxy scenarios.

2.No need to multiple destination as you have the same single receiver system.

Br,

Manoj

former_member285898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Thanks for your quick response....!!!

Actually i need to implement for 7.5 version with Single Stack.

Query:-

1) Is it possible with single stack?

2) Also to maintain Trust relationship we require SSL certificate, rite?

3) Here connection is HTTP, not using HTTPS, so is it possible for normal HTTP connection?

Regards,

Karan Kholakiya

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karan,

Well , i not quite sure if PP is supported at single stack or not. IF you achieve it please update this thread as lots of thread in SCN are not sure if PP is supported in single stack or not.

Br,

Manoj

former_member285898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Thanks brother this much help, anyways will check myself and let u know.

Regards,

Karan K.