Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect movement type on Goods issue created for Outbound delivery

krishna_maram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a specific FOC ( Free of Charge) scenario we are overriding the system determined schedule line category ZK ( with movement type Z01) to CP ( which has movement type 601 ) on the sales order item.

When we do the PGI the GI document picks up the incorrect movement type i.e. Z01 vs. expected 601.

We don't have user exits in the PGI process this is influencing the movement type change.

Also interestingly this doesn't  happen when the schedule lines look like this i.e. product not confirmed for the requested delivery date.

This happens only when the product is confirmed for the requested delivery date.

Any pointer would be helpful!

Thanks,

Krishna. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishna_maram
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Edward.

You are correct, we did debug after clicking the PGI button on VL02n and figured that delivery copies the movement type from the schedule line ( VBEP)  of the sales order and doesn't dynamically get it from the schedule line category config itself ( table TVEP) .

We updated the logic in the sales order exit  to override the defaulted movement type ( i.e. before entering the plant ) in addition to overriding the Schedule  line category  which solved our issue.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If the delivery is created via VL01N, the movement type is determined as following:

1. Determine the schedule line category when creating SO

You may set breakpoint in LV45EU06 and monitor table TVEPZ.

2. Got the movement type in VL01N

The movement type in delivery is got from the schedule line category in VBEP table of  the previous SO.

You may set breakpoint at SAPFV50C_LIPS_FUELLEN_AUS_VBEP, to see the VBEP table.

Please set the mentioned breakpoints to see where the problem happens.

Best regards,

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

The analysis must include the outbound delivery since the item category is also determined in the outbound delivery and the actual movement type is determined by the item category in the outbound delivery itself. I expect you will see movement type Z01 in your outbound delivery since the PGI copies movement from outbound delivery (movement type does not exist on sales order level as far as I know).

If you check the outbound delivery item category and movement type you will be much closer to determining the issue...