cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Service pack remedies http problems with 7.1

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am installing 7.1 sp4, but it has lots of bugs with Java & HTTP... I cannot even get solman_connect to run.

What SP should I apply?? I read sp14 can kill the system, forcing to recover from backup.

Thanks, regards.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

If you don't want to upgrade to SPS14 then I will suggest to upgrade to SPS12 first and configure your solution manager along with its functionalities.

If after that there is still requirement for upgrading to higher SP then you can goto SPS14.

Thanks,

Manish

0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

Kind regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio

That doesn't really sound like it's a fact . It can or might ... I don't think so to be honest . I just recently installed a 7.1 from scratch and updated it directly to SP14 without issues so not sure where your source is coming from but it worked out fine. Just make sure you use the latest tools that are meant for doing this.

I do take care of taking a backup before starting to patch and before downtime for example. You never know what happens but still, it should work, just be careful and take backups when recommended.

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Thanks Tom.

THere's a thread here  referring to all the problems someone faced when applying sp14. SAP didn't know what to do, so he had to restore from backup. Later they sent him a customized xml and he could finally apply it, but not before going thru a freaking nightmare. I hope the sp is stabilized by now.

Kind regards,

Claudio