cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse Fiori Toolkit for juno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our requirement is to develop custom Fiori application for which we are using Eclipse instead of Web IDE as WebIDE has additional licenced cost.

However, as now SAP does not support Eclipse therefore I am unable to download Fiori Toolkit.

Request you to please provide some alternative.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Riya Gorecha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

At the moment SAPUI5 toolkit available for Mars - SAP Development Tools.

But be aware because the usage of the SAP Fiori Toolkit is deprecated. There will be no further updates/improvements to the SAP Fiori Toolkit. Please, have a look here - .

Regards, Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for your response.

I have checked SAP Development Tools,It has SAP UI5 development toolkit ,however I require SAP Fiori Toolkit.

I also checked SAP Fiori  Toolkit shared by you ,however when I click on the download option it gives below message :

"Access to this place or contents is restricted.If you think this is a mistake please contact your system administrator."

Request you to please help.

Regards,

Riya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The download link seems to be disabled now as well.  If you do get your hands on the Fiori toolkit, you will be creating a project with an old structure that is no longer best practice as well as you are working on eclipse and if you create extensions etc. for standard apps in Eclipse you also lose SAP support since you are required to use Web IDE for that.  If the project you are in follows some of the best practice guidelines from SAP then I would strongly recommend to ignore the Fiori toolkit and either create the app structure manually or start the app development in Web IDE (can use trial account) and export from Web IDE and import to eclipse.  For deployment again, you should use Web IDE to deploy to ABAP backend so there you will have another issue if you are not using it.  If the issue is slow network that makes the online Web IDE difficult to use, at least start in Web IDE, export to something local (can be eclipse, WebStorm, Brackets, Visual studio code etc) and reimport to Web IDE for deployment, testing etc.