Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid invioce split by insignificant partner function

Mike_Handschuh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Invoicing from delivery notes - we get a invoice split because of different header partner function.

in Delivery note our company uses partner function 'ZE' to store a special eMail Adresse where the deilvery notes should be send.

but it has no connection to the invoice process or to any other customer function.

(it is the eMail from a special external warehouse, dependent on the shipping point)

Unfortunately a colleague use now the same partner function to send eMails from the invoice process.

But it has nothing to do with the delivery proxess AND it will determined later in the process ...

In summary we get a invoice split because of different data in the partner function ZE from the delivery note:

so it will be necassary that the partner function ZE from the delivery note will not get to the invoice.

1. question: can be customize that the partner function ZE will not be transfered to the invoice?

2. question: if not is there a possibility to clear the partner function ZE during copy rules?

2. question: if not is there maybe a user-exit where we can delete the partner function ZE during invoice process

thank in advance

bye Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, 

1. question: can be customize that the partner function ZE will not be transfered to the invoice?

This can be achieved through partner determination procedure. Create a new partner determination procedure which does not include ZE and assign it to your billing type if it is a header partner or else assign it to item category if it is a partner at item level.

I agree with Kivanc please put some effort before posting. You can get answer to your questions quickly rather than waiting for someone to guide you.

Mike_Handschuh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

as i wrote above, we need the same partner function in the billing type, si i think i can not delete it.

its the same partner function but with different 'meaning' (different eMail Adresse which is not connected to any partner)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

How the invoice split happens? can u please explain in detail?

Mike_Handschuh
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a partner function ‚ZE‘. It will be used to send a email when a special shipping point is entered.

So it has no connection to the customer.

When we invoice a delivery not with ‘ZE’, and a deliver note without ‘ZE’ – SAP will split the invoice in 2 bills because of the different PartnerFunctions.

In common when the Partner Function is not included in the PartnerShema to the billing type, SAP will not copy the partner function and it doesn’t matter.

But in our case another colleague uses the partner function ‘ZE’ for the Billing type to create a other eMail function.

Normally he should use a new one, but he didn’t noticed that the PartnerFunction is already in use (…)

We want to avoid to create a new partner function, and search for a possibility to cut the connection between partner function ‘ZE’ in Delivery note and partner function ‘ZE’ in the invoice. So the partner function ‘ZE’ should not be copied to the partner functions of the invoice.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Did you try to do what you've asked in test system? This can be achieved very easily . You can simply delete this partner function in billing document type, or assign it to item category's partner determination procedure instead of billing document type's. Mind you, this is a very basic process in SD. Please put some effort in search before posting questions.

Mike_Handschuh
Explorer
0 Kudos

edHi Kivanc,

Deletion of partner function in billing document means that it can not be used in the invoice, right?

This was my first try, BUT as i wrote: a colleague uses the same partner function in the invoice for a 'different' use ...

As i understood: if you want to use a partner function it have to be insert in the billing type.

As it has a different use in the billing type i have avoid that the value of the pratner function will be transfered form the delivery note to the invoice.

Or do i miss something?

Therefore the posting ...

So is there a possiblity?

(in the worst case we have to create a new one for my colleague and delete the partner function from the billing type, but it is already in use for the last 4 month, so it will be really the last thing i will do)

thanks for your help

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Then you need to assign this partner function to the item category's partner determination procedure, I'd written this in my first post as well.

Mike_Handschuh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, you wrote it of course. But we will sent the whole delivery note one time at header.

if we switch the partner function to item level we have to switch the message dtermination also to item level. am i right? so this means we send pro position a email?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

You're right - This logic needs to be changed.