cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while accessing ASCS01 instance in RZ10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am getting error 'server is not active - action cannot be executed' while trying to do extended maintenance for ASCS01 instance in tcode RZ10. I am able to do extended maintenance for DEFAULT and DVEBMGS00. Tried Activating the instance ASCS01 but its is giving same error. Tried importing the profiles from Utilities -> Import profiles -> Of active server but without any sccess. I am trying in a new installed system with no application server. Has anybody faced this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

The ASCS profile can not be maintained via transaction RZ10 and it is also not shown in RZ10.

In your specific case only the DEFAULT.PFL and the <SAPSID>_DVEBMGS<NN>_hostname profile can be maintained by means of RZ10.

If you need to make changes to the ASCS profile then you need to do this directly in the profile file on the filesystem.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom Thanks for he reply. Do you have SAP link or note where SAP mentioned that ASCS instance cannot be maintained using RZ10? I will then have the proof to show my client 🙂

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee

Hello Rajat,

if you want to maintain the profile of the ASCS instance in RZ10, you have to import it manually first. For this in RZ10 in the field "Profile" type the name of the ASCS instance profile which you see on OS level and then press "Import" button. I have just tried it out on our test system and it works, after I have pressed "Import" button I got a popup to maintain some administrative data, and now I see the ASCS instance profile in RZ10 and I can change parameters in this profile from RZ10.

Regards,
Alwina

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat.

Refer the SAP Note  1864432, for the error message "server is not active - action cannot be executed"

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sriram SAP Note #1864432 is a work around and not the solution 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I am not sure if a Note exists regarding this topic but I am a Basis administrator myself for several years now and I know this is not possible by experience. The ASCS profile is not in the list of maintainable profiles in RZ10, thus also can not be maintained within the RZ10 transaction.

Please also check the blog from Jens Gleichmann:

He also clearly states in this blog what I mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Tom

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Can you please paste the screenshot of the error?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi