Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new user 2 days back and issued him a password. when he tried today for the first time, he got the message that the user is locked, notify the person responsible. But when I checked his data, from my screen it says that the user is not locked.

I tried to lock it and unlock it but there is no use in it, still the user gets the same problem. I am facing this problem only for this particular user id, where all other user ids are working fine.

Can anyone tell me what would be the reason for this problem and how to provide a solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

Maheedhar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello !

can you delete and re- create the user id for the user....

while recreating check whether you get the option "master record for user exit ...."

please share what happens when you are creating new id ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheedhar,

You may look at SAP Notes:

<b>186112</b>

<b>325213</b>

which speaks about necessary corrections for the error "User is locked. Please notify the person responsible ".

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have thought, fundamentally, the first thing is to confirm the user is logging into the correct system?

Simple but i have seen it happen..

Regards

Ashley

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

the reasons can sometimes be pretty straightforward.

Some of the things which can be causes are.

1)Expiry of Validity Date

2)Type of User ID (some user types doesnt provide dialog Login)

3)And sometimes the mistake done by user in giving the correct system and client information as pointed out by Ashley.

4)Another reason could be that the SAP Logon Session closes on n-1 attempts where n is number attempts before getting locked. So users sometimes mistake the closing of session to be locking of User.

If this all are not the causes then you might need to dig deep and consider other causes.

Hope this helps

Manohar