cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project structure status and Item status synchronization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we are facing the issue with the status synchronization for Project structure status and Item status.

in our case we have  two scenario.

change of status of project structure           Project structure status                            status of Item    

initially created                                                                  created                                                   Created

now from created --> lock                                                 On hold                                                  on hold

lock --> unlock                                                                  Created                                                   Release

so when we checked the SPRO setting under

--> Decision flow management  setting

--> status synchronization

---> synchronous and asynchronous status synch

--> Map DFM business transaction to portfolio mgmt status

target grp      source grouping    DFM Bus trans name               portf mgmt status

ITEM               Proj defination            reset delayed (unlock)          "Release"

this was the possible reason which was changing the status to release in item when i was unlocking and in PS it was created state.

i changed the above spro setting for "reset delayed" to "Create"

so scenario 1 is working fine for us but in the 2nd scenario we are getting the issue     

change of project structure status        Project structure status          status of Item    

released                                                                released                                  release

now from release--> lock                                     On hold                                   on hold

lock --> unlock                                                      release                                   "Created"

in this scenario my above settings are getting failed.

Can any of you please help us is there any way we can avoid this issue . thanks in advance.

Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

As per your scenario, you are releasing the Project on Item release. Then locking it and then at unlocking you want to set the status "Created". As per the standard functionality, we can't set "Created" after "Released" and that's the reason why its failing.

So status Unlock should set status "Released", and setting "Created" will never be possible.

Best regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya ,

thanks for your i/p

thing is if my status Unlock is set as "Released"

then for the below scenario my settings gets failed.

change of status of project structure      Project structure status    status of Item

1. initially created                                             Created                                Created

2. now from created --> lock                            Created-->Locked              On-Hold

3. lock --> unlock                                                Created                               Release

So as you can see above , since my status unlock is set to release there is syn issue of the status in Project structure and and ITEM status.

so its a kind of deadlock

Regards,

Himanshu