cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in making Backups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, I've tried changing the mount point of an external drive but when we do backups, we get this:

"backup could not be completed, Cannot open file ""<root>/.COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_100816_databackup_0_1" ((closed, mode= W, access= rw-r-----, flags= DIRECT|TRUNCATE|MULTI_WRITERS|UNALIGNED_SIZE), factory= (root= "/media/TOSHIBA______________/" (access= rw-r-----, flags= AUTOCREATE_PATH|DISKFULL_ERROR, usage= DATA_BACKUP, fs= ext3, config= (async_write_submit_active=auto,async_write_submit_blocks=new,async_read_submit=off,num_submit_queues=1,num_completion_queues=1,size_kernel_io_queue=512,max_parallel_io_requests=64,min_submit_batch_size=16,max_submit_batch_size=64))", rc=13: Permission denied""

To give some backstory. I was trying to make it so if a backup is done, it'll go to the first available hard drive as we only use two. So I was recommended to have them both on the same mountpoint. Which I did as "/media/TOSHIBA______________/" (x14 Underscores) but once I changed it, the error above began to happen during a manual backup, and automatic backups failed.

I've done some digging online for the same error but theirs usually a little bit of a difference in the errors, any suggestions to fix it?

Thank you,

Jamie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie ,

Check the ownership of the COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_100816_databackup_0_1.and change ownership according the backupup file.  Moreover give the permission chmod 777 to /COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_100816_databackup and try to take the backup.

It might work.

Thanks& regards

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I've just given it a go but got a new error

backup could not be completed, Error writing backup to 'FILE' '/media/TOSHIBA_______________/HANABackup/data/COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP_110816_databackup_0_1'

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is it something that you done  like

1. chown sidadm:sapsys and chmod 777 * /media/TOSHIBA______/HANABackup/data.

2. If you are taking backup from Hana studio the Mentioned Backup Destination as /media/TOSHIBA_______/HANABackup/data.

3.Backup prefix  COMPLETE_DATA_BACKUP

Try this.

BR

Jitendra

Answers (0)