Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity confirmed on Schedule line before ATP check

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a situation where the user enters a quantity on the sales order line item and then goes to schedule lines.

The user tries to split the schedule lines into 3 or more based on the requirement. When the user splits the schedule lines, the quantity on all the schedule lines except the first one are automatically getting confirmed. This shouldn't happen, because the user has to do ATP check and only then the system should plan and confirm the schedule lines.

Can anyone help us with this? How we can avoid this.

E.g: Sales order line item quantity 24000 - First date is 23.08.2016.

Schedule line 1 - Delivery date (23.08.2016)    Quantity 10000    Confirmed quantity 0.

Schedule line 2 - Delivery date (24.08.2016)    Quantity 9000      Confirmed quantity 9000.

Schedule line 3 - Delivery date (25.08.2016)    Quantity 5000      Confirmed quantity 5000.

This is the status before ATP is triggered.

We want all the 3 confirmed quantities to be 0 before we go for ATP.

Thank you,

Sandeep Kumar S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Does your availability check include lead time?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yeah. We have a lead time added during the availability check.

Thank you,

Sandeep Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I will assume that all three schedule lines have the same schedule line category.

Are the 2nd and 3rd lines confirming based upon lead time?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, the schedule line category is same for all.

No, they are not confirming before ATP based on the lead time.

When they click on ATP, they would consider the lead time.

Thank you,

Sandeep Kumar S

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the case for all plants & materials or only randomly it is happening?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In an un-enhanced (standard) system, for orders where ATP is relevant, any time you enter any quantity changes into the schedule lines within VA02 (which includes creating new schedule lines), and then press 'enter', the system will automatically perform an availability check.  You cannot save these schedules to the database otherwise. 

If this is not happening in your system, then I suggest you speak to your ABAPers about enhancements that may be influencing this behavior..

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

It is happening across the plants and materials.

When ever the user is splitting the schedule line, this happens.

Thank you,

Sandeep Kumar S

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Okay, So does that mean, when we split the line item and press enter, the system does availability check but it doesn't ask for a user to accept the proposal?

But shouldn't that also confirm for the first scheduled line as well?

Actually the main problem is... now when it is doing automatically, if it does automatically the availability check, it is not adding the lead time but confirming on the same date, when user presses ATP button, then it is adding the lead time confirming a different date.

Thank you,

Sandeep Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

ATP is done by item, not by schedule.  When ATP is performed, all schedules are checked.

Response to availability check (eg 'dialogue box') in standard are generally determined by settings in configuration  OVZJ.

If you are saying that the behavior is different when CREATING a new item vs when CHANGING an existing item, then look at the settings in your ATP check for cumulation OVZ2

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member186052
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yeah, entire Sales line item is sent to ATP at once, but as only 2 of them are confirmed and not the other schedule line, that is causing the confusion to the users.

When we do an ATP later, it is confirming all the sch lines at once as it should but with different dates.

Also, as you suggested, I checked OVZJ it is having no Availability check rule and no check on Fixed date and qty field for the sales area.

The behavior is same while creating and changing a line item.

Thanks for the replies..

-Sandeep Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

'Blank' under 'avail check rule' in your OVZJ means that you will not get a dialogue box unless there is a shortage.

Looking at your first post, I am going to assume that your total item quantity is 24000.  if so, your display implies that your first schedule line is a requirement that is not being confirmed. This therefore implies a shortage, which should have generated a dialogue box (proposal popup).  Yet, you have told me the users do not get a popup when they perform this task.

Based upon a whole lot of assumptions, I again direct your attention to enhancements.

Best Regards,

DB49