cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure Calculation Using Period Reference

Former Member

Hi,

I need to create a KF calculation where,

Past month value (Suppose July) of KF1 is current month value (Suppose August) for KF2.

How can we achieve this?

Would really appreciate some inputs and help on this.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

please refer to attrubute transformation section Of config model.

in there we show to shift by 12 months.

instead of 12 in that example use + 1 period should help i think.

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In the configuration guide the example is refering to KF Actual Qty Prior Yr which is offset calculation.

However, I am looking for a calculation that is other way round. I want current period value (M) to be copied in future period (M+1).

Could you please suggest something with an example for me to understand how the calculation can work?

Thanks,

Samiksha

0 Kudos

HI Samiksha

did you try what the manual says ?

also an example is given what to do if time period is less than current period.

I think under period calculations.

vivek

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samiksha,

Use below configuration-

1) Define calculation of KF2 as - KF2@perprodloc = KF1@perprodloc --- stored

2) Create a new planning level PERPRODLOC1 similar to perprodloc

3) Define period transformation:

PERIODID@perprodloc1 = PERIOIDID + 1 --------- Input KF2@perprodloc ---- calculated

This way, KF2 is now available at PERPRODLOC1

4) Define request level of KF2@request = KF2@perprodloc1

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I replicated same steps but the planning area activation is giving me error.

The issue is KF2 is a calculated KF. And, one of  the key figure used in KF2 calculation is using KF1 in its calculation.

Here KF2 is my projected inventory and KF1 is Initial Inventory.

Below are the screenshots for your reference.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your input.

I did try to work on similar grounds but seems it will be needing something different. I have  provided screenshots below that explains my issue in more detail.

Also, I am unable to find the example which you are mentioning in the configuaration guide. Can you help me with that as well.

Thanks.

Samiksha

former_member242371
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samiksha,

You need to correct the calculation of INITIALINVENTORY as below-

Initialinven@perprodloc = Projectedinv@perprodloc ------ mark it calculated input

Initialinven@request = InitialInv@perprodloc1 -------- Calculated input

Make sure period ID calculation is as below-

Periodid@perprodloc1 = Periodid +1 ------- Input intitlaInven@perprodloc (calculated)

Please also post activation error message, in case you get any.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I replicated all the steps mentioned by you.

I am getting multiple errors due to cyclic loop. Attached is the error message below:

Our requirement here is that for current period Initial Inventory should be manual input and for future period initial inventory should be calculated based on projected inventory of "future period -1".

Hope this gives you more insight regarding our requirement.

I was thinking if we take period offset of 1 for projected inventory and use that in the initial inventory calculation. Where we also define IF condition to differentiate between Current period and future period, we might achieve the results.

Will this process work? Your inputs will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samiksha,

Can you please explain it in an excel, what exactly the requirement is? In the excel, show what input KFs you have and what result you expect.

Best regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

Thanks for helping.

Please refer to the below screenshot for better understanding of our requirement.

Hope this detail is sufficient. Please do let me know in case you require more clarity.

Thanks,

Samiksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samiksha,

The requirement you mentioned should be possible to achieve what Rohit already suggested. I think inter-related calculations are creating issue. So i suggest to first two different KFs (like KF1 and KF2) to have PoC and see if configuration suggested by Rohit works or not. You may have to add one more condition:

KF2@BASEPLEVEL= If ("PERIODID" <= "PERIODIDCU$$", KF2@BASEPLEVEL, KF1@SHIFTEDPLEVEL).

If it does not work, then let us know.

Best regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

I had a word with Rohit and he was of great help. We were able to successfully generate Initial Inventory for next bucket from Projected Inventory.

However, we are still looking for a work around for future period where all Kfs which are using Initial Inventory in there calculation are giving wrong results. That is beacause they are considering Initial Inventory as null. Initial Inventory is marked as stored in various Kfs calculation. If we mark it as not stored, we again get into a circular loop.

As of now we are using Copy Operator after every change in data. Can we have some other possible workaround using KF configuartion?

Thanks,

Samiksha

Answers (0)