cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto transport from ChaRM to parallel Dev and QA,PRD systems?I

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

1.How to make auto transport in ChaRM for DE1,DE2 when transport released(when status flip in ChaRm ) to DV1 and same way for QA1(it should also go to QA2,3 and 4) also from PR1 to PR2?

2.Which system should be the domain control?

3.If we change the status back from "In dev" will transport re-import to all the parallel systems  well?

4.What is the limitations to add systems in the ChaRM project under ONE logical component?

5.I think we can  TMWFLOW/SCEDULE_IMPORT for every 5mins but if the transport is imported from Dev to PRD with in 5mins,will it still import the transport to all parallel landscape?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would assume you want Transports to be Imported to DE1, DE2, QA2 and QA3 when they are released from DV1 (through ChaRM perhaps). If this is the requirement, you can add these systems to the Transport group of QA1. All transports released from DV1 will be added to the import buffer of these systems.

To schedule the Job using TMWFLOW/SCHEDULE_IMPORT the target system should be part of Project Landscape. Are all these systems part of the same project? Alternatively you can include TMS Import jobs in each of these DEV and Quality systems.

Regards,

Prasath

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

"I would assume you want Transports to be Imported to DE1, DE2, QA2 and QA3 when they are released from DV1 (through ChaRM perhaps)"

If transport released to DV1 -it should move only to DE1 and DE2 Not for QA1.

And in QA1 transport will move only when we flip the status in ChaRM.

So my question is:

1.How to make auto transport in ChaRM for DE1,DE2 when transport released(when status flip in ChaRm ) to DV1 and same way for QA1(it should also go to QA2,3 and 4) also from PR1 to PR2?

2.Which system should be the domain control?

3.If we change the status back from "In dev" will transport re-import to all the parallel systems  well?

4.What is the limitations to add systems in the ChaRM project under ONE logical component?

5.I think we can  TMWFLOW/SCEDULE_IMPORT for every 5mins but if the transport is imported from Dev to PRD with in 5mins,will it still import the transport to all parallel landscape?

Please help

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please answer the below queries.

Are you using TOCs (Transport of Copies) for Integration Testing?

Is the system configured to Release the Transports when you perform the Action Complete Development?

1. You can add DE1, DE2, QA3, QA3,  to the Consolidation Route from DV1. The Transports will be added to the Import buffer of these systems at once but the import will happen based on the Status  provided these systems are part of the Task list.

2. Which system should be the Domain controller - We have Production as the Domain Controller in our landscape. You can also have Dev as Domain controller, Domain controller should have high availability without longer down times.

3. ChaRM will not re-import the Transports unless they have failed with RC-8 and above.

4. I don't think you can have multiple Dev systems in the one logical components. It will create conflicts as the logical component relates to Transport routes.

5. You can schedule the Auto import for systems that are part of the Task list in that Project. This is status based Import hence whichever Documents that are eligible will be picked. I am not sure about importing Transports directly from DEV to PRD, I would assume the changes undergo a round of testing in QA before the status is flipped in ChaRM.

I would recommend adding DV1, QA1 and PR1 to the Task list and control other systems using TMS import jobs in corresponding systems.

It would be interesting to see if this can be done through ChaRM given that there are multiple DEV, QA and Prod systems.

Regards,

Prasath

former_member210667
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using TOCs (Transport of Copies) for Integration Testing?- No

Is the system configured to Release the Transports when you perform the Action Complete Development? Yes,basically when the status is in  UTC, transport will go to DE1 and DE2

4. I don't think you can have multiple Dev systems in the one logical components. It will create conflicts as the logical component relates to Transport routes. - There is an option to add mulitple system in the logical component.For example you can add PROD and PRE PROD.

5.You can schedule the Auto import for systems that are part of the Task list in that Project-Please let me know how to schedule from task list for status change?

Thanks for your answers

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neni

There is customizing that can determine if a transport request is allowed to be imported depending on the status of the change document. Look for the following customizing in SPRO:

Define import strategy for Transport Requests

There you can define either for all projects or per project when a transport request can be imported.

Explained via links on SCN wiki:Import strategies: Status Dependent import and Selective Import - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Best regards

Tom