cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - IDS_RDBMS_MISSING_HOST (ADM-10008)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I try to create a connection to a SQL Server database I get the following error -

Connection Error: com.bobj.mm.sdk.SDKException: IDS_RDBMS_MISSING_HOST (ADM-10008)

I can connect to Oracle no problem. I'm sure this is something obvious but I'm new to the game, so if someone could point out the obvious, I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that is the key - missing the client software/config on the server. I thought something like that had to be done. Again, since I am not part of that I have no idea if it's been done. But the assumption now is that it hasn't been done - and thus my lack of being able to scan SQL Server.

thanks

jeffrey_kresse
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Are you looking to create an integrator source for the SQL Server db? This is a generic error, it can be something as simple as entering the wrong port or credentials. Can you share the connection settings you are trying to use in a screenshot or text?

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am creating an Integrator Source and it is pretty straightforward. I've included a screenshot - but I've deleted part of the 'Computer Name' and 'Database Name'.

Outside of InfoStew I can log into the database no problem. And, again, creating an Integrator Source for any Oracle database works fine.

thanks for any insight.

jeffrey_kresse
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Couple things to consider:

Computer name is suspect to me, why the ", 500"?

Can you try accessing with different authentication method? Just entering database credentials is less complex.

What is the version of DS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll give fake name, same format: WSQ00780, 44002. I've tried it like this, without a space after the comma, and without the 44002. None work.

Not sure what you mean by second point. What sort of different auth method?

It is SQL Server 10.

thanks again.

jeffrey_kresse
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In the screenshot you are showing Windows authentication is set to Yes. If you change it to No, you will be able to directly enter DB credentials to login with rather than just passing your domain login to SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried this also - same error. Is there something when IS is initially installed that needs to "turn on" SQL Server scanning capability? I am not in charge of the installation/admin so I don't know if that (whatever it might be, if anything) happened.

thanks

jeffrey_kresse
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That scanning doesn't sound familiar at all. Not really sure what else could be in play here.

Can you connect to the database with SQL Server client or ODBC? That would rule out connection issues between IS server and DB server, then the problem would be solidly within IS.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can log into several SQL Server databases no problem outside of IS. It's only when I try to connect inside IS.

And there isn't anything "upfront" that needs to be done before such an Integrator Source is able to be set up?

thanks

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken Haubrock wrote:

Yes, I can log into several SQL Server databases no problem outside of IS. It's only when I try to connect inside IS.

I assume you're connecting to SQL Server from your pc. Can you do so from the server on which IS is installed, too? You may be missing the SQL Server client software or config on the IS server.