Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document not posted - 2 tax codes

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

at my client side i have two tax conditions.

1. MWST (sales tax)

2. ZAIT (Advance income tax)

Following are the settings.

MWST > account key Z01 GL 100001

ZAIT >    account key Z02 GL 200001

while creating the condition record with VK11 for MWST I assign the Tax code Y1 that is for 7%.

while creating the condition record with VK11 for ZAIT I assign the Tax code Y3 that is for 1%.

in pricing procedure first MWST is set and on next level/step ZAIT is there.

Both record are coming correct at order and on billing level.

If only one condition, lets say MWST is coming on order, system post the invoice.

In a scenario where both condition are the part of sales order and billing, system cant post the billing document, and given the error that

Tax code Y3 does not appear in any G/L account item

Message no. FF753

please suggest what to do, i read the few thread but cant caught the situation.

Looking for the gurus response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please try by changing the reference of ZAIT to step 30 ( like MWST) in your pricing procedure and setting the value for ZAIT to 1.07%.

Thanks,

Amith

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Posted as directed, but document not generated.

regards,

IK

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your effort and patience by keeping pace with the suggestion flowing in. Can you share posting status from your invoice.

Thanks, JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir it is the same as above.

Tax code Y3 does not appear in any G/L account item

Message no. FF753

If you need any thing to ask I will more than happy to give you the update, so that such a long thread reach to a successfull end.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Now, one more thing  I require, kindly provide final pricing procedure of yours that you would use for new process cycle starting from Sales Order till Billing released to accounting.

Thanks, JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

With all due respect, pricing procedure is same as mention above, with 1 and 2.

1 is actual where posting is not possible, 2 is only change the reference for ZAIT so that document is generated in accounting, but that is wrong reference, just for testing take this reference, as mention on one note that, due to reference this document is not posted.

if still need any thing I can produce and share, with so many thanks in advance.

regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Imran Khan,

One thing I would like to know, whether you have created this ZAIT condition type by copying standard condition  or created directly?

In the definition of condition type ZAIT, condition category under control data 1 is blank.

Change it to D - Tax and try. Don't test directly in PRD. Test in Quality server. If it is working fine, then move TP.

Thanks & Regards

Ram Manohar Reddy

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ram Manohar Reddy,

I have set as per suggested setting, but still not posted.

For all the forum gurus I again set the snap shot. 1 as per required and which is not posted. 2 just work around as per SAP note 40076, just change the setting of reference for condition type calculation where document is posted.

but in shot 2, when i change the location for reference of step number 180 to 10 it is posted.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Any update from Gurus.

regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

To understand the root cause of your issue. Can you provide screenshot of TCode OVK1 for your country?

Thanks, JP

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

In addition to OVK1 screen shot please share screen short for FS00 for both the GL's.

Thanks.

SS

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

advance income tax is not treated as tax classification in SAP system. only MWST is trated as tax classification and coming as a indicator in customer and inmaterial.

regards,

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change Tax category to * under control data for G/L: 24110 and try to run the transaction cycle.

Thanks.

Sumeet Sah

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to consult to your FI counter part for the same.

In the mean time just try to un tick posting without tax allowed for G/L 24110 and check.

For sure its a master data issue as per my understanding.

Thanks.

Sumeet Sah

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I have check as per your suggestion,nothing will happen, no accounting document is generated, with the same error as mention on the top.

regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If tax condition type ZAIT is not relevant for tax classification. Then can you provide the screenshot of TCode VKOA account key AIT?

Further, can you provide TCode OB40 Screenshot for MWS?

Moreover, If your GL account is already productive, then you can't make any changes. Therefore in your case you have to ask your user to use new GL. Else as relevant tax indicator in missing in GL 24410. The system will not be able to post the relevant tax amount to the GL as tax code posting not allowed.

Thanks, JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Please see the detail as requested.

plus can you highlight "Else as relevant tax indicator in missing in GL 24410. The system will not be able to post the relevant tax amount to the GL as tax code posting not allowed."

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Why is your "chart of account" different for both the account determination?

Account Key - MWS - Account 24001 - Chart of Account - 2000 - EFSCL

Account Key - AIT - Account 24110 - Chart of Account - ECPL

Thanks, JP

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry it was a mistake, actually it is maintain for ECPL for MWS with GL 24001, sorry for this, it is in testing server.

actually both are the same, for MWS and AIT, new screen shot attached.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji-Good point raised.

Dear Imran-Please confirm us on the point seeking clarity for..

System will find the GL accounts based on OB40 settings in case of Taxation.No relation between from-To step numbers in this regard.May be while posting the second document-maintenance of GL might have happened..(after second document-just create one more billing doc by changing from step number)

Please discuss with your FI colleague in finding the right GL..

Note: System will always find the Tax code just to determine GL in case of Tax..(one billing document can have multiple tax codes while posting)

Please go through below links suggested by Mr JP in this regard. will help you a lot..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure in what business process, a seller can levy sales tax and also income tax !!!!  Why income tax is considered here?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru G Lakshmipathi,

In Pakistan fertilizer business process, this is the standard practice, where company charge both the taxes on invoice,

Please assist me in this regard, on scn it is found it is due to pricing procedure sequence, but i am not in a position to correct it out.

above pricing procedure when i change the reference for ZAIT docuemnt is posted with two tax code, but that is basically the wrong reference. or correct reference it is not posted.

looking for your response, with thanks.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Through SCN search i understand its some thing related to pricing steps, but I fail to fix it, in one step it is successful but that is not required.

Actual Required Procedure:

STEP  Con. Type                  From To

step 10 PROO (pricexqty)                          USD value 1,000

step 20 ZDIS (discount)          10                   USD value -10

step 30 Sub Total                    10-20                       USD  990

step 40 MWST (tax condition)  30                            result ok

step 50 Net Value                    30-40                       result ok

step 60 ZAIT (2nd tax condition) 50                         result ok

in above scenario No accounting entry generated,

now for the alternate it generate the entry but ZAIT condition calculate on the wrong reference.

STEP  Con. Type                  From To

step 10 PROO (pricexqty)                          USD value 1,000

step 20 ZDIS (discount)          10                   USD value -10

step 30 Sub Total                    10-20                       USD  990

step 40 MWST (tax condition)  30                            result ok

step 50 Net Value                    30-40                       result ok

step 60 ZAIT (2nd tax condition) 10                         result ok

Successfully posted, but not required.

Looking for the gurus feedback.

I am stuck in the situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I hope both are tax conditions and you have maintained tax code wise gl in OB40. Can you please go to Environment --> acct determ. analysis-->Revenue accounts. Check for all condition types system is able to find out gl account.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Satyajit,

Yes,

All revenue GL are determine by the system, screen shot attached.

please note in the above scenario when I just give the different reference for 2nd tax, all is well, but that is not required.

Looking for your best input, with thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't find out the condition types MWST & ZAIT in your screen shot.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Condition type MWST and ZAIT are not coming here, yes you are right. it is not coming in the analysis.

i really dont know why.

if if there is only condition of mwst document is posted.

i share you the screen shot for the condition where, system call the account key in the condition types. for for mwst and zait.

please suggest.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I don't think GL account is determining in either of the tax conditions. As for Cond Type MWST & Tax Code Y3 and Cond Type ZAIT & Tax Code Y7 condition type detail screenshots, GL Account details are missing.

I have a question for your. Is your tax cond type for your country available in OVK1?

If the answer is yes. then please check your GL account determination in OB40. Else, maintain GL account details in VKOA for its respective Account keys.

Thanks, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Condition type MWST and ZAIT are not coming here, yes you are right. it is not coming in the analysis.

i really dont know why.

System will never show Tax conditions types in account determination process at VF02.

Account determination related to VKOA only will be shown here(Non-Tax condition types)

Account determination related to Taxes will be seen in OB40 only..

Phanikumar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

All the setting are already made.

every thing is available i have cross check it, yes how to prove, I already explain when I give the different reference system post the invoice with different tax code.

even where billing is post successfully, no GL is determine in the account determination analysis.

Please suggest.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you answer whether you can see your country available in TCode OVK1? If yes, please provide the screenshot.

Thanks, JP