Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating billing doc/excise document for own consumption

former_member209710
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are producing one excisable material for sale to out side customers and the system is well configured for this activity. Now we want to consume the same material for our internal purpose also and for this, we want to create ZERO value invoice ( No base pries, no excise etc.).a

Kindly suggest the method to create invoice for own consumption of the material produce by us.

regards

Sujata Swain

8 REPLIES 8

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"we want to consume the same material for our internal purpose also and for this, we want to create ZERO value invoice ( No base pries, no excise etc.)"

What does that mean, Sujata? Do you have a separate company code in your landscape who'll be buying these goods and then use them, or will you be consuming these goods internally in the same company code? If no separate company code is involved, why bother billing? This does not seem related to SD. Just consume the goods by posting them to a relevant costing element (a cost center, an internal order vs).

0 Kudos

Thanks for your early and valuable response. We shall consume the material in the same company code. However we would like to take credit of Excise amount and do not want to show the excise amount while creating the invoice.

If you kindly elaborate the cost center and internal order concept to resolve the issue, we shall be grateful to you.

regards

Sujata

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sujata,

What excise amount? Who are you billing, yourself? You said this is an internal process. You cannot bill your own company code (though this might have its exceptions as well). I advise you to contact with a person knowledgeable of FI transactions: If you're just consuming a material, no need to bill anything.

The "cost center and internal order concept" I've mentioned relates to an MM movement. Movement types 201 and 261 are designed for this purpose. By making these movements, you just decrease the stock by posting to the costing element you entered in the transaction. If you're not sure what this means, I advise you to contact with a person knowledgeable of MM transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata,

As per my understanding you have the following requirement;

1. you want to sale your product for internal usage?

2. You want to capture only excise amount through excise invoice.

3. RG1 register needs to be updated.

4. Utilization for credited excise amount.

Are you using this product internally to manufacture another product or its just a consumption? 

0 Kudos

Its for internal consumption only.

Sujata

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Internationalization and Unicode.  Post all your CIN related queries here.

0 Kudos

This is not my requirement.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pass a JV-Please use J1IH with the first two options available there..

CENVAT Adjustment Postings - India - SAP Library

Phanikumar