Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating or Integrating Users and roles on Front end gateway server

phani_poorna
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

We have to requirement to implement a Fiori app for our system using External Restful web service(unlike Odata which are published on gateway). After some discussions we found that it will be possible to implement.

But i am bit worried about creation of users and roles in the front end server of Gateway(Central hub deployment). Actually our system(SAP CLM) is using LDAP and integrated with Enterprise Portal for single sign on.

So for this requirement, can we integrate Enterprise portal user accounts and roles with  Gateway front end component?

Else do we need to create new users and roles in front end server in order to access the Fiori Launchpad.

Kindly help me out in solving my query

Regards

Phani Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

navin_sahadev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your enterprise portal connect to LDAP?

Thanks,

Navin

phani_poorna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Yes it is integrated with LDAP

Regards

Phani Poorna

navin_sahadev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

you can use the LCAP users to connect to Gateway system.

Regarding roles, it will be specific to the gateway system so you need to maintain there.

Thanks,

Navin

phani_poorna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thank you for the info.

What is the procedure to connect with LDAP users in Gateway front end server .Could you please share any document or reference regarding this.

Also what all the different systems(User accounts) can be integrated with Gateway in order to login into Fiori launchpad?

Regards

Phani Poorna

navin_sahadev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

if you are planning ot use Fiori from External then you would need SAML Authentication

It all depends on your requirment.

you can refer this link

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57035

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61045

Regards,

Navin