cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patches download from market place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard that we can use our Solution Manager for downloading patches both for the Java stack and the ABAP stack.

Could you please help me regarding the same.

I basically want to know that how to configure my system for the same. Also what should be the latest patches for the solman itself.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mantosh,

let me answer your second question.

Mantosh) Also what should be the latest patches for the solman itself.

SAP provides Support Package (Stacks) schedules for all SAP Products at

http://service.sap.com/ocs-schedules

Check document <a href="http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000595040&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700005273772003E">SAP Solution Manager Support Package Schedule</a>

Stack 10 is current for SolMan 4.0.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done with Solution Optimizer. Check this pdf. Gives you a very good idea of how to do it.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006381312006E/20070322_MOPZ.pdf

This will solve your problem.

feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting the the what you had mentin URL portal link.

Its showing the error message.

Could you please check and send the right URL..

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically at this point, as I understand it, the only MANDATORY use of the Maintenance Optimizer functions of SolMan are for NEW patches to NW2004s based systems. All others are still available the old way (via service.sap.com/swdc)

Having said that, Solution Manager gives you a wonderful framework for managing your Support Package/Stack changes. At this point however, it's really only a framework. I can certainly see where SAP is going with it in the fugure from this framework, but for now it's a skeleton. You will still have to download using Download Manager, and will still implement using JSPM/SPAM for Java/Abap changes respectively. So from that standpoint there is no change to the old way.

Basically the process you will need to follow to setup SolMan Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ) is to first setup SolMan's system landcape (SMSY), create a "solution" using SOLUTION_MANAGER transaction (or DSWP) and then navigate to "Change Management" ==> "Support Package Stacks".

Note that even with the latest support stack for SolMan you will need to have ST 400 SP 10 installed as well as Note 990534. Then run SM_PREP_MAINTENANCE_OPTIMIZER in SA38. Depending on your situation you may need Notes 997780, 1025381 and 1030498 as well.

That's the basics anyway. There's lots of details missing of course, but MPOZ really isn't rocket science. It's actually one of the easiest components of SolMan you can attempt (although there is a fair bit of stuff you need to do before getting there).

Good Luck!!