cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch The PI Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing problem in ESR and ID launch in SAP PI. After clicking on run, it throws error message " Unable to Launch The Application".

Please anybody help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Pls check this. it might help you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

Go to Administration:

And restore the archives:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thank you for your valuable response!

I checked with Java Web Start Administration but Unfortunately, I don't have authorization to restore Archives and Generate New Signature.

isudoajl
Participant
0 Kudos

Works! Thanks!

danielszihalm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

What are your PI system SP and PL details?

Please check the following note about what are the recommended Java version for Integration Builder tools of SAP Process Integration.

2073368 - Compatibility matrix: recommended Java version for Integration Builder tools of SAP Process Integration

Also I would suggest you to check the following note, as it contains workarounds for Java 7.

1911069 - Workaround for Java 7 issues launching the PI tools

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Please check what is the used java version in your computer. If it is Java 1.8.0_91 and 1.8.0_92 than it means that the ESR won't start with these versions, have bugs in it.

Note 2316581 is talking about this. The workaround is to delete the java client side cache, but the ESR won't start with this workaround as well.

In order to work, please delete the existing java and dowload an older version.

Best regards,

Bence

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Run the Java Console trace as per Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues -> -> How to trace connection issues.

Check the trace afterwards and see if you can locate the solution in the above wiki (or post here!).

Providing details on the Java version you are using and the PI system SP and PL details will also help us to help you!

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Its Java version 1.7 and issue is persisting in ESR application launch in production.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clear the java files in the JAVA app from control panel and check.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav!

What are details of error?

If this is a security/sertificate related error, you can start with removing serticates and downloaded ESR and ID applications in Java control panel.

Also ask your Basis team for re-signing PI java applications.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I tried with same. Development and Testing system working fine. Now only ID is opening in production but not ESR.