cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Authorisation in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to do authorisation for APO DP users. I am using BI concept for this, as I have custom fields to control by their values.

Ex. Country. So I went to txn, RSECADMIN and created the chars relevant for Authorization. and assigned this object to a role and assigned to the user. I enter country value as US. When the user goes to Pl Book, and loads the selection, I get the error You do not have authorization to switch to Change mode.

But When I assign the 0BI_ALL (has full authorization for all chars), it allows the editing, but even other countries as well. I want to restrict to only one country, but this object gives full access. So I don't like this 0BI_ALL.

In my regular APO role, the object C_APO_PB has all activity values (change also). So why this is not allowing me to change only one country data ? It always asks for 0Bi_ALL object. which opens up everything.

Anyone faced this situation ? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Is this issue resolved?

Could you please help to share the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

As APO DP is workbench i.e. cube concept behind you require to assure you are having 0BI_ALL authorization i.e. BW authorization concept. Ideally you create respective authorization object in RSECADMIN  and restrict it based values.

Can you put the SU53 screen shot to identify the root cause more in detail.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

If i give 0BI_ALL gives full authn. It does not restrict based on my object created in RSECADMIN.

So I avoid giving 0BI_ALL.

In that txn, I know EQ, which is equal to a value; what is CP ? which one I should use ?

and SU53 gives every time, some different messages.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Did you defined this character as authorization relevant object into APO BW configuration.

Please find below the document which should give step by step guide.

Thanks and Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amol for the link. Yes, the Chars are Auth. Relevant.

Will get back to you once I read and comply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope it will help you Venkat

Would be great if you please share the findings so everybody can learn together 🙂

Thanks

Amol