cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Jco3 - Codenvy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have the question if is posible to develop Java program with Jco3.0 in the IDE "Codenvy", sapjco as the file is located in system32.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

what do you mean with "as the file is located in system32". The JNI library of JCo 3.0 - sapjco3.dll - must not be installed in this folder, see also installation instructions for Windows Hence, there is no problem with system32. With regards to development in codenvy. I have not tried myself, but there is no reason, why it should not work. The only thing that is clear: Testing it will be possible only locally on your machine as the JNI library is required when running JCo.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus, seeing the doc's says "SAP highly recommends that you store sapjco3.jar and sapjco3.dll (libsapjco3.so) in the same directory" as you specific, thanks for the answer!

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

which docs are you talking of?

Is it some old JCo package?

The JCo installation docu says:

Note: Do not copy the sapjco3.dll neither into the {windows-dir}\system32  nor into the {windows-dir}\SysWOW64 directory. This will break the operability of other JCo versions that are already installed on the same system. Furthermore you would risk that the current installation also would not work anymore, if the sapjco3.dll gets replaced in the respective Windows system directory in the future.

So this is no recommendation but are mandatory installation instructions instead.

If you are using some ancient JCo distribution package, I recommend that you download and update to the latest JCo patch level first, which is currently JCo 3.0.15.

Best regards,
Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the docu installation of Jco release 3.0

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which patch level? Please specify more precisely.

My quote was from installation.html of JCo 3.0.15.

Answers (0)