cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partners:

I have a question in regards ITS application, we have an app that we use for hand held devices, and recently we are trying to avoid the users log in to the system with the same user id in different devices, we configured the parameter check for multiple logon, at the SICF/error pages/logon errors/ configuration section, and it worked fine, every time I tried to logged in with a user id already in use, is showing the screen to allow continue to kill the other sessions.

The problem is: we are using the menu LM01, in fact this is the transaction configured in the service parameters, and in the device where the session was killed, if I hit any button in the menu, this is automatically generating another SAP session, without required user or password, I had been trying to find out the answer to avoid that, but I could not, can anybody please help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raymundo,

See also the note

1980475 - ITSMobile - Configuration settings regarding Logon and Logoff

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oisin, I had implemented already that note, the only I can do so far is wait for my system Kernel upgrade and see if that makes the magic.

regards.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymundo,

I do not think a Kernel Upgrade will have the impact that you desire, but this may not be a problem anyhow.

This "check for multiple logon" intention is not for the scenario you describe.

The reason it was really introduced was for a user in a warehouse who may have lost connectivity. It was not a scenario of users switching devices, browsers.

From my understanding your description of setting the parameter "multiple logon" it is working correctly.

In a real world scenario if the user was using a handheld device they would kill the first session and

continue afresh with the new session. That is why one would see two sessions in SM04 in Step 2-3 in your above scenario. In Step 3 the first session is getting deleted when they choose the 'Continue' option.

How is this service: ZRF_SCANNER going to be used in real world? What device will you be calling it on?

Regards,

Oisin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raymundo,

Please share the GUI Configuration of the service.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here the problem, I appreciate any help, thanks Cristiano.

ITS Application ZRF_SCANNER

1. Configuration.

The parameter to check for multiple logons is set to active.

Step 1. Login in browser or device one (in this case I used
Explorer, but the browser is not a factor, we use this app in hand held devices
and the result is the same).

Step2. Start a second call to the service in a different
device or browser. (now in Chrome),  hit
log on button.

Step 3. Hit the continue button, and we got a second session.

At the SM04 the first session is killed,  showing only the second session active.

But I still have the internet explorer showing the principal
menu from the session one. This only happen when the principal menu remain in
the first instance.

Step 4. Hit any of the two options (Packing or Delivery Look Up), it does not matter that the session was killed, the service is showing the next screen in the sequence.

In the SM04 a new session is started automatically for the
same user, same IP, without ask for user or password, this is precisely what we
don’t want, multiple sessions for the same user.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raymundo,

Please try adding:

~disconnectonclose 1

What happens then?

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried ~disconnectonclose 1, deactivate, then activated again the service, the result was the same. Thanks

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymundo,

Can you try the approach from SAP KBA 1777513 to force the logoff from the service? The KBA tells about WEBGUI service, but you should be able to use the same for your ITSmobile service.

Please share the results.

Thank you,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano:

Thanks a lot for this new answer, I had already implemented the logoff web service and is working fine, but we still have the problem because we don't want the users can sing on with the same user id in multiple devices, that is the reason we want to implement the Check for multiple logons option, but even this is killing the other sessions at the beginning, if the user that was working in the session that was killed were in the principal menu and hit any option there, the system is generating another session automatically, this is the actual problem, if they use the log off button, the session is killed and they are redirected to the log off page. please let me know if you have any other taught, I had send a ticket to SAP, but they did not answer yet, as soon as I get the resolution will share here.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raymundo,

Please let me know the SAP_BASIS version + SP level and the kernel version + patch level.

Could you please also clarify why, in the ~sources parameter, you are not adding the ITSMOBILE service?

Thank you,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano:

Here the information, it was a mistake not had the itsmobile source in Development, but we have it in QA and PRD, I tested after I complete the parameter and everything is the same, we understand out Kernel is out of support, in fact SAP asked us to upgrade that, then we are working in that now, thanks.

SAP_BASIS

7400007SAPKB74007SAP Basis Component

KERNEL 7.41 SUp. PKG LVL 100

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raymundo,

I have tested a service using LM01 transaction - I created the ITSmobile service following SAP KBA 2242078. The system used runs kernel 7.42 pl 424 (the latest one available) and SAPKB74010. When I killed the session in SM04 and clicked on a button of the menu, I got a page:

"...

400 Session timed out - please log in again

Error is logged with Tag: {000403e0}

..."

So, the scenario is working as expected.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Cristiano:

I will have to wait in order to test this until we could have the kernel upgrade, right now, because other projects going on, is not possible to do the upgrade, I will post my results after my testing, I really appreciate  your help.