cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send both business exception and technical expection in only one fault message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Webservice to Proxy synchronous scenario where the data is going from ECC to third party system via PI.

Now if the message is successful, we will send the successful message which we are able to do it.

If there are any business or technical exceptions, then the client wants to send them in fault message.

My fault message source structure is as below:

Receiver structure for fault message mapping:

Now as per the above structure given by the client, we(PI) can either send business or technical exception but not both to the same structure. I.e in receiver side we can map only business or technical exception.But client want to map both the exceptions to the same structure. How can we do it in the mapping here. As we can see in the above structure the occurrence is 1:1 and the client is not ready to change the stru.

cture as the structure is used by many other systems in his environment.

Please let me know your valuable inputs on this.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body answer my query how to select both technical and business exception External messages in fault message of service interface?

Thanks,

Richa

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Simply open your fault message mapping , right click on your business exception node in receiver fault message MT create duplicate sub tree.

So now you will get 2 business exception root entries with all dependent sub nodes.

Now Simply, map first business exception with the business exception data from your source fault MT and second business exception of receiver MT with technical exception.

And I think you wrote it wrongly .... If this is web service to proxy scenario then the message processing will be third party to proxy.

Thanks,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

The first thought that came to my mind was to duplicate the structure. But we cannot do that here because if any one of the exceptions will not come then the message will fail as the occurrence is 1:1

Thanks,

Richa.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Its not an issue at all . When you are doing mapping with the root node put logic there using standard function exists and create if ... The node will be created if source exist else not.

Thanks,
Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Actually client provided us both the business and technical exception structures. But in the outbound service interface we can only select one fault message(i.e either business or technical exception message). So, Even though if I can add both the message structures in the message mapping I cannot do the same in outbound service interface of fault message.

My receiver structure in the mapping by adding both the structures:

My outbound service interface:

so my problem is now how to add both the exception messages in Fault type.

Thanks,

Richa.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Now as per the above structure given by the client, we(PI) can either send business or technical exception but not both to the same structure. I.e in receiver side we can map only business or technical exception.But client want to map both the exceptions to the same structure. How can we do it in the mapping here.

Use Java mapping. Once the exception has been received, extract the code, faultDescription and sourceSystem and then build the businessException message. That way, it will not matter if the exception is business or technical since you are only extracting their child node values.

Regards,

Mark