Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IOT Message Issue

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am sending my chrome device data(via Postman) to message device(IOT) ,but it is showing some error,please let me know how to resolve this?I couldnt able to see data in device.

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anton_levin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

can you heck if you can access your IoT Cockpit (UI where you create message type, device types and devices)?

If it worked:

A URL you use to send data ends with device ID. In the IoT Cockpit navigate to that device, select its device type and then select its message type. Re-check if you have a message type with ID "08..4f" assigned to that device type.

Regards,

Anton

P.S. I see nothing critical in logs for now.

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton ,

I am getting below message.If I go to display stored message no new table creating at all

I have already have HANA Cloud cockpit-IOT enabled.

Regads,

NK

anton_levin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message exactly means that the device (which you use to send date from) is not "aware" of the message type you use in payload. Please, as suggested above, re-check your DeviceType/MessageType structure in IoT Cockpit (and / or provide screenshots of your IoT Cockpit, with the DeviceType, MessageType IDs)

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I am using

URL https://iotmmsp1405148191trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/com.sap.iotservices.mms/v1/api/http/data/ea5bf...

Authentication   :d27dbd93a38039ed11a9725fd5472e8

;charset=utf-8

Regards,

NK

anton_levin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the second screenshot (Device Type) can you pls click on "Msg. Types" bubble? (and make a screenshot). Also, I would like to see the fields of your message type.

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Regards,

NK

anton_levin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, as you see there is no message types assigned to your device type. Unfortunately, there is no way from UI to assign a message type to an already created device type. You will have to re-create a device type (do not forget to add your existing message to it) and then also create a new device (from that new device type).

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Many Thanks.

Much appreciated.It works

I am closing this thread.

Regards

Naveen

Answers (0)