cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4 Hana Trial Maintance Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

currently i want to activate the Commitment Item Fiori Application on my S/4 Hana trial Instance on aws. In this context i successfully activate the business function for PSM. However, my question how to activate the corresponding SAPUI5 components. For that i need the UIEAPS01 100 which is not installed on the trial instance. With the transaction SAINT i want to install the component. However it shows me the information that i need a maintance certificate. Somebody know to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Best regard

Manjinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjinder,

If you have an S-ID and relevant SAP software license, then you can go to the SAP Support Launchpad One to create a new license key request, for S/4HANA OP 1511, choose NW 7.5 and HANA DB, then you're ready to go.

However one thing I want to mention, the Fiori UI5 components for S/4HANA can only be installed with an valid XML stack file.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

thanks for the information. One question regarding XML Stack file. As I know for generating the stack file we have to use the maintaince planner via Fiori Reference Library. The maintaince planner is connected with the SAP Support Portal where we have to upload our landscape data via SAP Solution Manager. Currently we haven't a solution manager because we are using the AWS trial instance of S/4 Hana.

It possible to get the software component in another way. Maybe to download it directly via SAP Marketplace and then install it via SAINT via SAP NW.

Hope somebody can clarify it.

Best regards,

Manjinder

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjinder,

I have a good news for you, actually, you can install the UIEAPS01 100 add-on directly with SAINT without using an XML stack file, I've just tested it, sorry for the mistake I made earlier, but you do need an valid license to download these add-ons though.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the clarification. One last question remaining. It is possible to that within the trial period of the S/4 Hana AWS instance. Or we have to purchased first a full license in order to install software components.

Best regards,

Manjinder

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what's the deal behind this whole trial thing, I heard you can extend your trial period but I can't confirm it since I've never used one, but one thing I can confirm is that without the license, you won't be able to download the add-on component.

Are you sure you want to continue use the AWS instance? Maybe we can change some emails to discuss this privately, here's my email address

hu.michael@live.com

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

i just installed a valid license. Now the next problem is occuring. I am not able to install it because i need install some other components:

However i loaded the correspondig .sar files for UI2, UI2_SRVC and UISAPUI5. For this i need a stack file.

It is possible to get this stack file without using the SAP Solution Manager.

Best regards

Manjinder

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjinder,

To answer your question, you don't need Solution Manager to generate the xml stack file, actually you can't do that anymore as SAP already suspended the old maintenance optimizer in Solman, you can use the new Maintenance Planner.

However it does require your system data synchronized with SAP support portal, to do that you can use Solman LMDB or you can manually export/import the source xml stack file into SAP support portal as long as your s-id have the relevant authorization.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

can you maybe specify how to import/export source xml manuelly. I only find solutions in combination with Solman and maintenance planner. I am logged into the maintance planner and have all the rights.

Best regards,

Manjinder

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjinder,

The official document mentioned as the follow procedure

For ABAP technical systems using SPAM:

The technical system information for ABAP systems can also be uploaded by generating a system_info.xml file from Support Package Manager (SPAM).

Prerequisite:

This is supported on SPAM version 59 or latest. Please check and upgrade SPAM version to 59 before you proceed.

Perform the following steps:

1. Launch SPAM

2. Select Utilities - Generate system info XML

3. Save the downloaded XML on your local system

4. Raise a support ticket on the component BC-UPG-MP attaching the system info XML

Or you can manually edit the system data by yourself if you don't want to create support ticket.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

sorry to ask again. How the manually edit the system data procudere looks like to avoid the create support ticket.

Hope this is the last query in this context

Best regards,

Manjinder

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No worry, you can go to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad at the following URL

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/

Go to System Data, select the desired system you want to edit, at the right-corner there's edit button, you can select the software component version as well as add-ons.

Regards,

Michael

liguva_kumaravel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manjinder,

There is SAP Note:2287046 (How to Generate the System Info XML for Maintenance Planner upload) you can refer.

Best Regards,

Liguva