Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Type

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone give me a suitable answer for the following question.

What is Pricing Type?

Regards,

S.Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pricing type is a field in copy control, which controls how the pricing should react in different scenarios.

say today i create and order, deliver the order and PGI the order. but before billing the order i have made changes to the condition record for the particular material.

now here the input value of the field pricing type controls which price to take in the billing document.

for better understanding i suggest u read "copy control" of williams.

cheers,

anil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configure Pricing Type in Copy Control Setting. To relate with example, if you configure Pricing Type as 'B', it will carry out New Pricing, if it is 'D', Price will be copied unchanged, & so on ....

It is basically the strategy how the price should be copied , which is copied from say Sales Document to Sales Document, Sales Document to Delivery Document, Sales Document to Billing Document, Delivery Document to Billing document & so on ............

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

pricing type is a field used in copy controls from sales document to sales document (vtaa) ,delivery to billing (vtfa) at the item level,the main purpose of it is

when ever you are coopy some data from a document to document uspecify

how the pricing to behave, there are several scenarios attached to it,

ex: u have proccessed a order at apoint of time fora agrred price, but at the time of billing the price has changed due to some reasons,then u can carry out a new pricing by using this copy controls specified in delivery to billing under price type

(here option b-carry out new pricing) and also used maily to redetermine taxes.

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ravi,

<b>Price type</b> is the Key that identifies a price in the BW. The following price types are used:

• Standard price

• Moving price (moving average price or periodic unit price)

• Commercial prices

• Tax prices

<b>Pricing type</b> is the Indicator which controls whether pricing should be carried out again when copying a document or whether the process should simply be transferred unchanged.

<b>In SAP retail </b>it is defined as Control parameter in the sales price calculation used to group together various attributes relevant for the processes in a sales price calculation, such as:

• Sales price calculation schema

• Calculation currency

• Indicator for whether a pricing document is to be created

<b>***REWARD IF THIS HELPS ****</b>

Regards

Ak