cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Controls for Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want to create a credit memo from the invoice. Have assigned copy controls in VTFF source document as invoice doc and target doc is credit memo. When i am trying to create credit memo from invoice i get error message as  'Document does not exist' what else i need to do.Please suggest.

Thanks

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that the item category is same as that of billing document.  If it is different, check whether that item category is assigned to credit memo in VTFF.  Also ensure that the billing document against which you were trying to create credit memo is not cancelled

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the item category assigned to both is ZFNS. Screen shot attached herewith.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can't create a credit memo directly from the invoice: you need to create a credit memo request with transaction VA01 (with reference to the invoice) before, and then you can invoice the credit memo request and create the credit memo using transaction VF01.

Best regards,

Andrea

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never needed to implement this - companies prefer to establish some level of control over credit memo processing, but from reading 364481 - Update incorrect with credit memo for billing document, it seems to be technically possible.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

so as ultimate check please in table VBRK if the invoice you are using as reference is really there in your system: according to the error message, it seems that it doesn't exist.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response and suggestions. Due to change in Indian accounting standards and the IFRS implementation the client's requirement is to hit the COGS at the time when goods reaches to the customer and invoice entry should happen at a later point of time with tentative date of material arrival at the customers point. The excise should hit at the time material dispatched from the factory and sales should hit when material reaches to customer. how this can be achieved?

I have gone through the process of SIT but the problem is how excise entries will get trigger and at which point and hoe the sales tax will hit at the time of material dispatched from the factory.

Can anyone guide me on this. who has already done changes according to IFRS.

Thanks

Ashwini

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please, can you share the print-screen with the error message and the field you fill when creating the credit memo with reference to the invoice?

Best regards,

Andrea