Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Leave request (v2): some users get error "connectionundefined"

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again experts!

I want to ask for help with a very odd problem regarding the My Leave request (v2) Fiori app.

The Landscape:

- Customer has the Gateway as a hub server.

- The systems are on NW level 740:

--- Gateway has GWFND 740 SP10. SAP_UI 740 SP 12. UIHR001 rel 100 SP 00.

--- Backend is EhP7. It has GWFND_740 SP09. SAP_UI740 SP 08. GBX01HR rel 600 SP 00. SAP_HR is rel 604 SP 66.

- SAPUI5 is on level 1.28.21.

- Several HCM and custom Fioris are deployed, for example My Timesheet. All other Fioris work fine for everyone except the My Leave request Fiori.

- Users generally use Internet Explorer 11, but they can also user Firefox as the secondary browser. No Chrome allowed.

1. Problem is that some users get this error when opening the My Leave request app:

"A problem has occurred with your connectionundefined".

2. Then they get into the LR app but then another error appears:

"RFC Error: Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible". Leave history isn't showing anything and it's not possible to create new requests. This error is also seen in browser debugger console and in ST22 dump analysis.

The ST22 dump happens in this code location:

The termination occurred in ABAP program "CL_PT_REQ_HEADER==============CP",

in "IF_PT_REQ_HEADER~GET_ACTOR_ATTRIBS". The main program

was "SAPMSSY1".

• It's strange that this "ZERO" error is not coming if the person uses Mozilla Firefox as the browser. But the "connectionundefined" error always comes (for the affected users).
  • There were some duplicate Actor IDs in the system but we have tried to clean them out. When testing using PTARQ the same employee gets correct Actor ID and the request is directed to the manager correctly.
    • So why would Fiori have issues with the Actor ID if the backend doesn't?
    • Is it possible that some old requests which may have an obsolete Actor ID mentioned somewhere, are causing this?

If the affected user creates a leave request using Firefox it will succeed and it will go to the manager for approval normally. Even though they still get the first "connetionundefined" error too.

This error is very hard to debug since this happens only in production and the problem is not global.

What I have checked and found to be correct, I think:

1. RFC connections (Trust relationship seems to work OK)
  2. System aliases definition
  3. App registration (looks the same as with the other working apps)
  4. User authorizations
  5. Creating a leave request directly in the backed using PTARQ works.
  6. There was some hassle with some duplicate Actor IDs earlier but they were supposed to be cleaned out. Correct Actor IDs are assigned when testing with PTARQ like I mentioned.
  7. The available notes for Leave request are all installed except this one: 2120050 My Leave Requests V2 (UI) : Consolidated UI fixes on SP00. We probably install it soon to see if it helps.

What else could I check or do? Is there anything to check or test in these areas:

- Single Sign-on

- User preferences or master data in the backend. Actor IDs still corrupted?

- Browser settings...

Thanks & br,

Ossi M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ossi,

Why are UI and Backend addons at SP00 level. its not at all recommended. Kindly upgrade to latest level and check again.

GBX01HR, GBX01HR5 and UIHR001 should be at latest (All notes to be applied on top of SP levels)

Regards,

Tejas

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas!

Thanks for the hint! I think the customer hasn't upgraded any of the add-ons since the original installations were done. I will try to recommend this to them but do you have any insight as to why this kind of error appears now? And only for some users? Could some other note or SAPUI5 library upgrade have triggered this? I know the SAPUI5 library was updated 1-2 months ago.

Probably it's very common cause for problems that quite updates are needed all the time. Who has a client who keeps all the add-ons, SPs and libraries up to date all the time in their on-premise systems? Well, that's a strong selling point for the HCP, I guess.

I will recommend the SP upgrades but meanwhile I'm happy to hear more ideas about the issue.

Thanks!

Ossi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry to bump the question. Any tips at all?