cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting System Error Messages in PI7.3 Dual Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

A very good day to you all!! I need to restart the message in System Error mapping.MappingException: 204. But whenever I click on resend it it says message will be resend and the message is still visible in Error. being a mapping error wont the message be resent untill the mapping error is corrected or can be resent without correcting it as well? If at all can resend how can we achieve it other than just clicking the resend button?

Really appreciate quick inputs.

Thanks in advance,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BRM,

Message won't be visible in SXMB_MONI because it must be processed via AAE (Advance adapter engine or java stack) of PI instead of IE (Integration Engine or abap stack).

After re sending the message, message is in error state because your mapping is producing that error again and again.

First checkout your mapping error in "Message Log" tab of monitoring.

Correct that mapping mistake in ESR.

Then try to resend the message. If you mapping issue is resolved, message state will be changed to delivered.

If not delivered, again checkout the message log tab for mapping or other errors and so on.

Thanks,

Ambuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ambuj for a very detailed reply.

This means that untill the mapping error is corrected the message will not be sent correctly and will be giving the error and correcting the error at mapping level is the only solution to this ,is it right?

How to resend the messages in system error  automatically at AE level?

Thanks in advance,

Vikas

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos
correcting the error at mapping level is the only solution to this

Yes, absolutely.

Whenever a message processing starts in PI, a lot of processing sequence happens for example connecting to sender system, receiving of message, module processing, mapping, connection to receiver etc. So if any one of the steps fails, you can not resend successfully until unless you solve that particular problem.

How to resend the messages in system error  automatically at AE level?

You have to do that manually by hitting "resend" button after resolving the encountered error in your message processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again Ambuj.

Isn't there any means of resending the messages may be in system error or scheduled ones in RWB/AE?

Thanks in advance

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One update is that I can see the message is system error in RWB but no message is there in SXMB_MONI.

I tried resending it using RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES but it is saying no message found.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance,

Vikas