cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Sales order Duplication

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor

Hi gurus,

If anyone could help me in preventing Sales order Duplication ?

The scene is My customer orders me through phone-call and for that particular P.O I have created a Sales Order and when i am not in my seat ,one of my colleague gets the same order from the Customer by Fax and he also creates a new sales order and now the material will be allocated for both cases.

How can we prevent it by throwing an error when he tries to create a new sales order for an existing order?

Regards,

S.Ravi kumar

former_member790121
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi ,

can you please let me know how you achieved this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VOV8 activate the 'check PO number' with an entry A. By this the system will give a warning message anyways u can still process the order. Inorder to avoid it u need to take the help of a ABAPer to give the error message instead of warning.

but this will fail if u have different PO numbers in same two orders.

cheers,

anil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already suggested to you by others that you can configure the documet type to check the duplicate PO number.

I would like to add some points to this.

in standard SAP this message comes as a warning.Means you can still process the new document with same PO number.

If your requirement is that system should not allow at all (Error message) then proced as below.

1.Check the message number the system gives as a warning for PO number duplication.As per me it should be

V4,115,Purchase order number in document number: & already exists

Check in your system.

1.Go to Tcode OVAH.Select the message and change the message category at extrem right side from W(Warning) to E(Error)

So with this if system find same PO number,you will not able to proceed furthur.

Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumar,

In the Sales order type there is one field PO number. Make sure that you have both enter the PO nos. while creating the sales order. Now this PO number will have a standard format of Date/customer no/material (just for e.g). And in the config for Sls doc type VOV8 select the check box CHECK PUR ORDER NO. and select A option here. So whenever you enter the sales order you will have the date & customer no... check for the sales order and your friend will get a warning that the sales order has already been created.

Hope it works.

REWARD if it helps you.

Regards,

Ajinkya