Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color options of F2 Background (Dark Theme issue)

ABAP-Pete25
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I set up a nice dark color theme and it is really comfortable. the codefont has a light grey.

I have only the big problem to set the background color of F2 screen.

Because the code itself is grey and the background is a very bright color, it is hard to read sections that are collapsed:

It is the same window like F2:

I found an option to change the background for quick assist, but I did not find an option to change to colors for F2.

Can anyone help me or is there really no option to change this colors ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matthias_becker
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter,

currently the background color of this popups cannot be configured (just the same as it cannot be configured in Eclipses' Java Development Tools).

We will check if we can make this configurable in one of the next versions of ADT.

Regards,

Matthias

8 REPLIES 8

matthias_becker
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter,

currently the background color of this popups cannot be configured (just the same as it cannot be configured in Eclipses' Java Development Tools).

We will check if we can make this configurable in one of the next versions of ADT.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos

It is posible by modify Eclipse's CSS but simplest way decide install addon example:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme-devstyle

ŁukaszPęgiel
Contributor

As far as I remember this settings comes from system colors, so you have to update system settings to make it dark like this.

0 Kudos

Yes that's true this color definition comes from the operating system. But on MacOS for example there is not way to change this color definiton by the user (at least there is no user interface for this - there might be a way to change this on the comand line).

To make this easier for the user we will provide an ADT-specific setting for the background / foreground color setting that influences these dialogs (code folding hover, element info popup, element info view) in one of our next ADT releases.

0 Kudos

That's great Will be easier to maintain.

Cheers

Łukasz

0 Kudos

Sounds great !

I'm looking forward for the ADT-release which provides this new option

ptrck
Explorer

Am I doing something wrong or is there anything broken with "Dark" theme in combination with ADT?

For example Logon:

Or breadcrumb:

Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

when I starting ADT I have the same "design". I never saw it different than this.
I could imagine that this comes from windows  system and is not adjustable by ADT/Eclipse.