Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXA1 Open value is not getting updated

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's,

There are 5 Sales Orders created using the same Finance Document Number. All the Sales Orders are Delivered and Invoiced.

I am sure that the same Finance Document is used in the Sales Order Header - Billing Tab and the same has been flowing to the Invoice too for the all the 5 Documents.

The concern is, there are only 3 Sales Orders being updated in Transaction Code VXA1 (List of Assigned Sales Documents)

Due to this issue, Open value of Finance Document is not changing.

I have checked the Forum before posting this query.

If someone finds any note, please provide.

Please guide.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did the users do exactly after they saw that the order was blocked for blocked for CMPI - did they release it from VKM4 or they rechecked it after the financial document was set to D?

Were you able to reproduce the case in a development system?

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have attached the image of change Sales Order log here. All the changes happened at 10:24 (14/07/2016). But the Finance Document was set to status D (Available) at 10:28 (14/07/2016). Not sure how system accepted the FD in Sales Order before the Status was set to D. I am 100% sure that there is no Credit Check pertaining to FD32 or FD33 since the Customer can order only with FD.

Also, the Sales Order is listed under the Finance Document in VXA1. But the concern is, the value of the Sales Order is not added to the assigned value in VX13N. Due to which Open value is not reduced.

Please suggest if something can be done to change the Open value so that it can be reduced (I know it might not be a best practice)

Regards,

Ram

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding few more things to my previous response to you.

Yes, Dynamic Credit check is active, however, credit limit for the customer will always be ZERO since FD is being used to cross the credit check for all the Sales Orders.

Moreover, there is no trace of release from either VKM3 or VKM4.

I have also checked the status in SE38 --> Check_CM, all are OK. I mean Dynamic, Open Items and Finance Document.

Regards,

Ram

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested in my system - customer with credit limit 0 and sales order with a financial document and value sufficient to cover the credit value of the order - status A.

The order gets blocked for credit limit and financial document not OK.

At this point in VXA1:

Financial document state:

Now I set the status of the financial document to D (the order is still blocked).

I go to VKM4 and recheck the order:

As a result, the statuses are set to A, S066-AOEIW is updated with 6.66:

And the financial document gets updated:

Now another case (more interesting one) - I posted a FI incoming payment to simulate negative exposure.

I create another document and left it at status A.

The order is blocked again, this time only for CMPSI:

Now I change the status of the financial document to D and recheck the document from VKM4. All statuses are set to A, S066 is updated correctly and VXA1 shows correct values (at least I think they are correct, I had to restart VX14N to show the right statuses and values):

Change log:

Unfortunately, from your screenshot it is very hard to see what the user did, when and with which transaction.

I see some incompleteness and purchase requisitions, so I wonder what is the exact business process.

Please provide better screenshots, similar to the change log I posted, a check_cm screenshot and a brief explanation of the process - preferably with business steps, so that I can try to reproduce it in a sandbox.

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

My Customer does not have Credit Limit Set at FD32. Credit Limit will always be 0.00.However, they have set the Dynamic Credit Check active. They depend only on Finance Document (Bank Acceptance Bill).

In this case, Sales Order went on hold initially and it was released. Initially I missed that, based on your suggestion I checked it found that the Sales Order was released from Credit hold in VKM3. After that they have entered the FD number in Sales Order (VA02). You can see the screenshots for reference.

Interestingly, FD number was entered in Sales Order at 10:24:30.

However, FD status was set to D at 10:28:30.

This is clearly an user issue. Because of this, system has not considered the Sales Order value as assigned value due to which Open value is not reduced.

Now they want the Open value to be reduced. Is there a way to reduce the Open value in VX13N.

Please suggest.

I guess I have explained whatever has happened.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your screenshots it seems that the credit management works correctly.

Are you absolutely sure that the value of the financial document was not used, and that this is because this specific order?

In my examples the value of the financial document was reduced once the overall credit status was set to A after recheck.

Check the credit value of the sales orders, assigned to the financial document, which have CMPSI = A (use the value from VBAP-CMPRE and the percentages, assigned in the order), then deduct this from the financial document value and check the open value.

From your screenshots so far I have seen no discrepancies.

Are you able to reproduce the case in a development system?

This is not out of curiosity, but to understand where to search for the root cause.

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

I am 100% sure that the Sales Order Value is not considered in the Assigned value. That's the reason Open Value is not reduced.

Yes, I have replicated the same scenario in sandbox and the result is same. I have followed the same process what the user did.

Sales Order Value is not considered in the Assigned value and hence Open value is not reduced.

This is clearly a Standard System and User Issue.

My concern is, since there is more Open Value for the Customer, there are possibilities of creating more new Sales Orders. User will think that the Customer has enough Balance in his FD.

For example:

My Sales Order Value is 100,000.

Current Open Value before Sales Order is 150,000

After creating the Sales Order for 100,000, Open Value remains the same.

There is a threat of losing 100,000 due to the Open Value not being reduced.

Hope you got my point now.

I am still re-iterating, it is a User Issue (Mistake)

Is there any possibility to reduce the Open Value for the Customer, so that the line items will match in FBL5N against the Customer and the Open value will also be reduced.

Else, there is another option which I have thought - Close the FD which has more Open Value and create a new FD for the correct value.

For example - New FD will have only 50,000

Any suggestions from your end is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ram

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to replicate the problem, this is good, it means the investigation should be easier and even if you don't manage to resolve it with standard tools, at least you can provide an example to SAP.

What is the value of the sum of CMPRE (taking into account the percentages) of the order items?

In your case I would expect to see something similar to that in check_cm:

Even with third-party processing (TAS) the value in the financial document gets updated in VXA1 and VX13N after the purchase requisition is generated (before that the order is incomplete).

Just in case, if you have the exact same settings for the item category and you see the credit value in the order item in check_cm, you can try to run F.28 in DEV.

If you are not using TAS, but ALES (I see some purchase requisition in the change log, but I cannot know for sure what is the exact process), in standard SAP ALES is not set to update credit exposure, so I am not sure what settings to try out.

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Good to see your support. Below are the Screenshots of the Item Categories in our System and also the Check_CM for CMPRE Value.

Business - Chemical Sales - No Stock Items

When Stock is not available, immediately PR will be triggered and in turn a PO will be created and Delivery and Billing will happen.

Above is the Process.

I am sure that this is a user mistake and my Client wouldn't want to take it to SAP.

They would prefer closing the FD and creating a new one. However, I am holding it and trying to get something.

Really appreciate your patience in support. Thank you so much spending your time in testing and guiding me.

Regards,

Ram

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

I have already checked the OSS Notes 529599 - 525096 and 693121.

The concern here is, 5 Minutes before setting the Status D in the FD, "user has entered it in the Sales Order and Saved it". This is the reason why the Sales Order value is not getting Considered as assigned value in FD and because of this, Open value is not getting reduced.

My Client is not using Simple Credit Check with FD33 value. They depend on Finance Document.

Is there a way to make the Assigned value in the Finance Document to tally with the Sales Order value. This will reduce the Open Value and will match against the Customer Line Item in FBL5N.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the input parameters you have maintained while executing this VXA1?  There would be some select document option which should be checked. 

G. Lakshmipathi

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you so much for your response.

I tried with and without entering the below parameters.

Company Code

Financial Doc. Category

Financial Doc. Type

Financial Doc. No.

Sold-to Party

I have also tried to execute by just entering the Financial Document.

Regards,

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already asked, there would be an option to select sale orders, deliveries and billing documents in VXA1.  Have you checked all these boxes?

G. Lakshmipathi

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Yes, I did. I have selected Sales Document, Delivery Note and Billing Document from the Docs Tab.

Regards,

Ram

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

I apologize for asking you this question. If anything can be done, please suggest.

Another issue which has come up is:

One Sales Order - Three Billing Documents - Using Finance Document at Sales Order Heade - Billing Tab with 100% depreciation.

Finance Document Status D was set at 14.07.2016 at 10:28:30

But Sales Order was created on the same day 14.07.2016 at 10:24:30 - Included the Finance Document and Saved the Sales Order.

Now the concern is, the value of the Sales Order is not being considered by the system to calculate the Open Value. I mean open value is not reduced.

It is there in VXA1 but the value is not reduced in VX13N

Is there anything I can do about this.

Regards,

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked in FD32 "Credit limit data" tab?  Is that tallying?  Perhaps, you need to check the following OSS notes:-

• Note  529599 - VXA1: incorrect credit value total - addition to Note 525096
  • Note 693121 - VXA1 - Items with inactive credit limit check

G. Lakshmipathi

ramanathan_r2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

I have already checked the OSS Notes 529599 - 525096 and 693121.

The concern here is, 5 Minutes before setting the Status D in the FD, "User has entered it in the Sales Order and Saved it". This is the reason why the Sales Order Value is not getting Considered as assigned value in FD and because of this, Open value is not getting reduced.

My Client is not using FD32 or FD33, they depend on Bank Account Guarantee (FD).

This is clearly a user issue, how ever is there a way to make the Assigned value in the Finance Document to tally with the Sales Order value. This will reduce the Open value and will match against the Customer line item in FBL5N.

Please suggest if anything can be done with Best Practice.

Regards,

Ram