Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get message: Object type " not valid while approving SC

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have started to test the SRM system which has been recently installed and configured in our company, and i got this strange issue. After the SC is created, it will go to the approver. As an approver I go to approval inbox, and I can instantly approve the item without need to go to item detail, and it works.

However if I go to item detail I got issue. In here I made some changes e.g: adding note in note approval, then tick approve radio button in the SC item, and then click save. I instanlty got this message Object type " not valid. I have tried to activate event trace but apparently it is not recorded here.

Can someone give me clue on how to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Yosea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>We have faced a similar issue. We are using SRM 550.

We opened an OSS message with SAP and SAP has recommended the following OSS note in this case.</u>

<b>Note 1014774 - Error WD 280 when you insert an additional approver</b>

We need to apply this OSS note and we have not applied it yet.

<u>I hope this will help you out as well.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the approver has the nescessary authorisations to change the data in the SC.For this,please check whether the parameter BBP_WFL_SECURITY has been set properly under the PERSONALISATION tab for the Role assigned to the approver.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thanks for informing me about the notes number. I have checked the note you mention and the note is already applied. We are in SRM_SERVER 550 and we're currently in patch level 8, and I have directly confirm that the correction instruction already applied in the related function module.

Disha,

Yup. At first I have thought about that as well. I actually already set the authorization to be high, and still got the issue.

Best regards,

Yosea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea!

Do you have any news on how to solve this problem. We have the same here with SRMServer 5.5 and Patch-Level7 which went live today.

Many thanks for any information.

Regards,

Corinne

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Corrine,

Unfortunately there is no update yet about this issue. We havent got OSS id yet so we havent been able to post OSS message yet. Should you get the solution first, I really appreciate if you can share it later. I will update as well if I got the solution first.

Thanks,

Yosea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea

I opened a message to SAP and they recommended to implement SAP-Note 1014774.

We implemented the note and so far everything works fine again.

Thanks and best regards,

Corinne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone , i applied the OSS note, it fixed our issue.

Cheers, Renga