Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element is locked

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have an big issue, we have already locked the WBS Element but in process order settlement all cost goes and settled to xx/123/abc Element . while same element user has locked , the status also I have checked . after LKD why system allow to post while settlement . All cost settled to above WBS element. wht is root casue.

Kindly help

Thanks & Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better revers that cycle then set system statues as lock all or else you  put close instead of lock in CJ20N  so that system not allow your to post any transaction.

Regards

KRK.

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi...

Thanks for reply...

But as u said same thing user has done after that settlement done and posted WBS element. but as per Aditya Kotak reply might be he is ryt actually.. I have one more issues that's why I have not done this activity on Sandbox... someone has deleted the Validation rule in PS module.. once Validation rule defined then I will do the same.. then we will see system allow the settlement or any business transaction or not as Per Aditya reply...

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

The system status LKD locks the WBS for master data, planning, budgeting, acct. assignment, etc. But it does not lock any settlement from CJ88 or assessment cycle run. That is the reason why you are seeing the postings even after status LKD.

What you might want to do is create a user status - let's say SLKD (Settlement locked), where you can restrict business transaction like Actual Overhead Assessment, Actual settlement, etc.

Let us know if any more information is required in this regard.

Best regards

Aditya

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya sir,

You mean to say .. we have to create status profile ryt.. after creation of status Profile we have to assign to WBS Element .. or tell me the process. step by step.

thanks for helping...

Kind Regards

Pranav Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Here is the example where I have assumed you just want to enable the functionality of blocking settlement when you press std. status LKD on. Following is the step-by-step process for WBS element user status profile.

Number    Status    Text          Initial     Lowest    Highest      Auth. code

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10             CREA     Created    X           10          10            

Starting with created status, this will be the primary status when a project is created.

20             RELS     Released                20          30            

Then, the status RELS should be automatically set when we set system status - "Released". You can do this by assigning Business transaction "Release" with indicator "Set" ticked.

30             SLKD     Settlemnt locked     30          40             ZPSSTAT1

Then, the status SLKD required for the business process. This can be automatically set when we set system status - "Locked". You can do this by assigning Business transaction "Lock" with indicator "Set" ticked.

Here you have to put all the business transaction that should not be allowed by the user. For example: Actual settlement, Actual Overhead Assessment, Actual Overhead Distribution, Actual Periodic Repostings, Actual overhead (periodic), Actual overhead (realtime), etc. are set to "Forbidden" for this status.

I have also mentioned Auth. code just in case you want only specific set of business users to set this status.

40             ULKD     Settlemnt Allowed     30          40             ZPSSTAT2

Then, this next status ULKD will allow settlement to happen. Here, you will have to set "Allow" for all the business transactions you made forbidden in SLKD. Also you should set some auth. code just to make sure only authorized business users reset this transaction.

Also as you can see, we are setting lowest status as '30' meaning that after allowing settlement if later point in time we want to again set the status SLKD then that will be possible.

You can have further statuses parallel to system status "Final billing", "Closed", etc. just to properly close the user statuses.

Best regards

Aditya

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

How you settled to WBS element ?

Did you ran CJ88 ? Also, is the WBS element blocked through User Status or System Status

Regards

Terence

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Through Assessment Cycle KSU5 and KEU5.

through user status what about system where we can find out.

Thanks

Pranav 

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

If the WBS element is under locked status (LKD), then you will not be to posting, but with respect to user status, you cannot restrict unless there is custom coding done to restrict the same.

Regards

Terence