cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver file with Date not time stamp

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a File to File scenario where receiver file should place with date not time stamp.

Sender is NFS and Receiver is SFTP advantco adapter. File is placing in ftp location with date time stamp.

Ex. abc_xyz_20160808_103022_234.txt.

I need only abc_xyz_20160808 format.

Please suggest solutions to achieve this.

Thanks a lot.

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Configuring the SFTP Receiver Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-o...

I know it's a long shot but can you try using parameter %DATE in your file name.

In the above document, it is used for generating file name while Archiving, but may be it works in file name also. Just give it a try.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I disagree with the custom module option. May be Apu has right that for only one scenario can be much work, but i think it is important to notice the benefits to have Eng's module, this module is very powerful and will let you to change attributes in the future without using ESR. I mean, you have not to develop the module, you only need to install and you will have this module in the future for other scenario. Think about the time to do the UDF or java mapping, may be the same or more than install a new module, and you will improve your PI skills knowing another thing how to install modules.

Regards.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sai,

You are using SFTP adapter in receiver end so OS command will not work for you.

I will not suggest you to brainstorm on custom module just to reduce time stamp from file name. Rather introduce mapping and write an UDF to access Dynamic configuration and modify file name there else if you dont want to use MM then simply write an Java mapping and set there your required file name.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Another alternative is to install Eng Swee Yeoh module bean to change the name of the file dynamically. Check scenario 3 in his blog.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Is it a by pass scenario or you have mapping?

If its by pass try using OS Command.

Bypass scenario with a specific file naming schema | SCN

If mapping program exists try with UDF

Dynamic file name for pass-through scenario - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

0 Kudos

Dear Raghuraman,

Thanks for your quick reply. Scenario is ESR bypass.

We need to write any script for the OS command or we can directly paste the command in OS parameter.

Please explain me step by step.

Thanks,

Sree

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Since it is SFTP OS command wont work as Apu  suggested.

Just create a simple mapping and use the UDF in the link,you can play with whatever format you require.